11 авг. 2011 г.

Mad Men 4x11

Chinese Wall


& Don: What time is it?
    Feya: Midnight.
    Don: You want one?
    Feya: Looks like you need both.

& Danny: Lane Pryce isn’t coming back. That’s my guess.
    Fred: I think they’d do that in a memo.
    Stan: I got $5 that says Cooper’s retiring.
    Fred: No champagne? I’d say he’s got cancer.

& Peggy: I think my setup is good. But Don always has these little examples at the end that explain to the client how big the idea is. They’re always kind of poetic.

& Peggy: Fellas, we’re on an account right now! Playtex gloves protect a woman’s hands so they’re soft enough to touch all the things a woman wants to touch.
    Danny: All the things?
    Peggy: A-ha. The exciting things she wants to feel with her fingertips. His lips... The tuft of hair on his chest... The small of his back.
    Danny: I can’t imagine Don saying that.

& Danny: Am I wrong or is she giving it off?
    Stan: Well, it’s the last days of Rome. I was in an agency that went down. The women get sex-crazed. The energy is very good.


& Roger: I need you right now.
    Joan: Because I’m a port in a storm?
    Roger: No. Because I feel like shit and you care about me.
    Joan: I’m not a solution to your problems. I’m another problem.

& Roger: So that night we got mugged*, that was the last time? Wish I’d known that...

& Feya: How’d it go?
    Don: It was... Miserable. Clients are running scared. I’m used to having my ideas rejected, not me.

& Don: There’s nothing against telling them to have dinner with me. If you don’t want to, tell me who they are. I’ll call ’em out of the blue.
    Feya: I can’t do that.
    Don: Sure you can. Who’ll know?
    Feya: The standard of ethics this business is low enough. God knows I’ve done some things I’m not proud of, but those other agencies pay me.
    Don: What about protecting the clients?
    Feya: So I’m gonna kill my business to save yours?!
    Don: It’s not your business. It’s Atherton’s. This is different.
    Feya: This is everything to me.
    Don: I don’t believe this.
    Feya: You want a shoulder to cry on, fine. You want to throw me to the wolves so you can save your neck, forget it.
    Don: I would do it for you.
    Feya: I would never ask. I would never use you like that. Because I know the difference between what we have and this stupid office.

& Cooper: Lee Garner Jr. never took you seriously because you never took yourself seriously.


welcome to my world
won't you come on in?
miracles, I guess
still happen now and then
step into my heart


-- Dict:
mugged — ограбленный

+ on Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий