6 авг. 2011 г.

Mad Men 4x7

The Suitcase


& Happy Birthday. You know, 26 is still very young.

& Don: I gave you more responsibility and you didn’t do anything?
    Peggy: That you like. We did work... a lot.
    Don: I don’t care if you work 10 seconds if you bring me something I like. We’re going to do this right now!

& Don: Do you have someplace to be? ... Maybe tap your foot so I get the message.
    Peggy: I was supposed to be at dinner an hour ago. It’s my birthday, and I’m pretty sure I ruined everything.
    Don: Why the hell didn’t you tell me?!
    Peggy: I don’t know. Because I thought this would take a second.
    Don: So now I’m supposed to feel like crap? Oh, I’m so sick that I ruined her birthday. Do you know when my birthday is?!
    Peggy: I was your secretary!
    Don: Well, enjoy your evening! By the way, you are 20-something years old. It’s time to get over birthdays.

& Don: What’s wrong? Elevator out?
    Peggy: I think I just broke up with Mark.
    Don: Oh. Really?...
    Peggy: I think so.
    Don: So go home.
    Peggy: Nope. I’m ready to work. You win. Again.
    Don: You could’ve just told me it was your birthday...
    Peggy: Right, and there’d be no repercussions*.
    Don: So now this is my fault?
    Peggy: Well, it’s not my fault you don’t have a family, friends or anywhere else to go.
    Don: Go. Go. Run to him like in the movies. You don’t have to be here.
    Peggy: I do have to be here because of some stupid idea from Danny who you had to hire because you stole his other stupid idea because you were drunk.
    Don: Don’t get personal because you didn’t do your work. And by the way, I know it kills you, but guess what: There is no “Danny’s idea.” Everything that comes in here belongs to the agency.
    Peggy: You mean you.
    Don: As long as you still work here.
    Peggy: Is that a threat? Because I’ve already taken somebody up on one of those tonight.


& Don: It’s your job! I give you money, you give me ideas.
    Peggy: And you never say thank you.
    Don: That’s what the money is for! You’re young. You will get your recognition. And honestly, it is absolutely ridiculous to be two years into your career and counting your ideas. Everything to you is an opportunity. And you should be thanking me every morning when you wake up, along with Jesus, for giving you another day!

& Peggy: Why are you laughing? It’s like reading someone’s diary.
    Don: Come on. Ida was a hellcat? Cooper lost his balls? Roger’s writing a book?

& Don: There’s something to that idea...
    Peggy: I don’t know. I can’t tell the difference anymore between something that’s good and something that’s awful.
    Don: Well, they’re very close. But the best idea always wins and you’ll know it when you see it. Keep banging your head against the wall then it happens. And then it’s done.

& Don: You know you’re cute as hell.
    Peggy: Men don’t exactly stop and stare in the streets.
    Don: Do you want that?
    Peggy: That’s not what you were supposed to say.
    Don: What do you care what I think?
    Peggy: Well, everybody thinks I slept with you to get the job. They joke about it, like it’s so funny because the possibility was so remote.
    Don: It’s not because you aren’t attractive. I have to keep rules about work. I have to. You’re an attractive girl, Peggy.
    Peggy: Not as attractive as some of your other secretaries, I guess.
    Don: You don’t want to start giving me morality lessons, do you? People do things, right?..

-- Dict:
repercussions — последствия

+ on Imdb

__ Peggy’s so Peggy. Best episode.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий