12 авг. 2011 г.

Mad Men 4x13

Tomorrowland


& Don: I have this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.
    Feya: Listen, maybe it’s not all about work. Maybe that sick feeling might go away if you take your head out of the sand about the past.
    Don: You know it’s not that simple.
    Feya: Of course it isn’t, And you don’t have to do it alone.

& ’American Cancer’: What made you suddenly write that?
    Don: Well, most of it was in the letter, hopefully. But I think in my heart it was an impulse, because I knew what I needed to do to move forward.

& ’American Cancer’: We believe, obviously, that lung cancer is avoidable ad can be thwarted with the right campaign. But how?.. We know frightening medical facts are useless. Half of us are smokers.
    Don: I’m smoker too. ... I’ve worked $10 million campaigns That can’t even get people to change brands.

& Don: I can tell you from the inside that the business is really only about getting new smokers.
    ’American Cancer’: Teenagers are a tough sell.
    Don: Not to tobacco companies. They play on a two-pronged attack, promising adulthood and rebellion. But teenagers are sentimental as well. Have you heard their music?

& Don: ...a series of commercials. Show mothers and daughters or fathers and sons and that cigarettes are between them. And you show with a walk on the beach, baking cookies, playing catch, that the parents are not long for this world.
    ’American Cancer’: But they hate their parents.
    Don: They won’t be thinking about their parents. They’ll be thinking about themselves. That’s what they do. The truth is they’re mourning for their childhood more than they’re anticipating their future, because they don’t know it yet but they don’t want to die.

& Bobby: Who’s Dick?
    Don: Well... That’s me. That’s my nickname sometimes.

& Don: You don’t know anything about me.
    Megan: But I do. I know that you have a good heart and I know that you’re always trying to be better.
    Don: We all try. We don’t always make it.


& Megan: What’s wrong?
    Don: I couldn’t sleep. I just kept thinking about you...
    Megan: Well, I’m right here.
    Don: I don’t know what it is about you but... I feel like myself when I’m with you, but the way I always wanted to feel. Because I’m in love with you, Megan, and I think I have been for a while.

& Roger: What the hell’s going on?
    Joan: I don’t know. He wouldn’t say.
    Roger: Look, it’s you... brown as a Berry. How was the coast?
    Don: Wonderful. Joan, could you shut the door? I have an announcement to make and it shouldn’t change anything here except for me and maybe for Joan... But miss Calvet and I are getting married.
    Roger: Who the hell’s that?
    Joan: Megan.
    Roger: Really?!

& Peggy: Can you believe it?
    Joan: It happens all the time. They’re all just between marriages. You know that. He’ll probably make her a copywriter. He’s probably not going to want to be married to his secretary.
    Peggy: Really? Is that what he meant?.. “She admires you”?.. Jesus.
    Joan: That’s the way it works for some.
    Peggy: You know, I just saved this company. I signed the first new business since Lucky Strike left, but it’s not as important as getting married.
    Joan: Again. Well, I was just made director of agency operations... A title, no money of course... And if they poured champagne, it must’ve been while I was pushing the mail cart.
    Peggy: A pretty face comes along and everything goes out the window.
    Joan: Well, I learned a long time ago to not get all my satisfaction from this job.
    Peggy: ... That’s bullshit.

& Joan: ... And he’s smiling like a fool, Like he’s the first man that ever married his secretary. She’s 25, as if that’s news.
    Greg: So when are you going to tell them your news?
    Joan: They’ll know soon enough.
    Greg: Are you showing at all? The picture I have of you doesn’t change.


+ on Imdb

And this was the

End of the Season 4

Looking forward to Season # 5.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий