8 авг. 2011 г.

Ironclad

& Marshal (aka Mark Antony from the Rome): There is worth in every death.

& Marshal: Your Grace, this... king... must be stopped.

& Albany: Asking the French for help — that’s cursing the blind for the wicked.

& Marshal: Have you ever killed a man, squire? Eh? Then you will learn, it is not a noble thing.
    Guy: Not even when it’s for freedom?
    Marshal: Not even when it is for God.

& Marshal: You fought bravely.
    Guy: You did not see everything. There’s no finding peace after knowing this.
    Marshal: Faith, Guy. Only the weak believe that what they do in battle is who they are as men.

& Marshal: Put the sword down.
    Isabel: If they do come, I will need to know how to use this. Is this how you hold it?
    Marshal: ... If you want your opponent to win. I fight... so you don’t have to.

& Guy: What happens if this doesn’t work?
    Wulfstan: Don’t ask.
    Guy: What could be worse than this?
    Wulfstan: Squire, would you ever kill a woman?
    Guy: Never.
    Wulfstan: Not even if it meant saving her life?


& Archbishop Langdon: I Ieave for France at once. You gather what men you can. And prepare London for war.
    — And Rochester?.. Baron Albany?..
    Archbishop Langdon: Pray God is with them.

& King John: Do you know that when I was a child, I once secretly ate every urn of my father’s beloved honey peaches. And the next day... he brought before me a servant girl that he had accused of the crime. And he placed her hand on the table, and he drew his knife... and he delivered the punishment.
    And that night, unable to contain my shame, I confessed to him that it was I, his son, who had committed the crime. Do you know what his response was?..
    He said, “I know. I know. And that is why I only cut off her finger. You see, John, any action against the throne must be punished ruthlessly. For that is the only way to maintain the absolute power of a king.”

& Isabel: Thomas... I am not a sin.

& Tiberius: How’s your faith now, Templar?
    Marshal: Why don’t you come a little closer... and I’ll show you.

& Marshal: You fought bravely. Is killing a noble thing?.. But a life fought for others is a life worth living. That is a noble thing.

+ on Imdb.

Ironclad

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий