3 авг. 2011 г.

Mad Men 4x6

Waldorf Stories

Season 4, Episode 6


& Peggy: It’s a relief to see someone worse than me and really know it.
    Don: Don’t get used to it.

& Don: You got anything on Vicks?
    Peggy: Actually, it’s Vick Chemical.
    Don: Answer the question!
    Peggy: We’re very behind. Your new art director has been waiting for synchronicity, which involves me coming up with a bunch of ideas, chasing him down and having him draw all over them, and lose them.
    Don: He’s your new art director too, and you have a deadline. And don’t think you can spend Monday hiding behind corners and trying not to make eye contact. I will find you.

& Young Joan: Oh, Roger, you shouldn’t have.
    Younger Roger: You like it?
    Joan: I don’t know what to say.
    Roger: Try it on. But first... take off the dress.
    Joan: One gift at a time.

& Don: What do you say we get out of here and really celebrate?
    Feya: I think you’re confusing a lot of things at once right now.

& Peggy: Are you gonna work or just stare at pictures of women who can’t stare back?

& Peggy: You don’t know anything about me.
    Stan: I know you’re ashamed of your body... Or you should be at least. What are you doing?!
    Peggy: You’re lazy. And you have no ideas. Let’s go.
    Stan: You’re a fruitcake, you know that?
    Peggy: And you’re chickenshit. I can work like this. Let’s get liberated.


& Joan: You’ve crossed the border from lubricated* to morose*.

& Younger Roger: Where does your boss think you are right now?
    Younger Don: He knows I want to do what you do.
    Roger: And what do you think that is?
    Don: I think you’re a very important man in a very important agency. Maybe I am risking my job, but I’d do anything to buy you a drink and hear anything you have to say.
    Roger: It’s 10:00 A.M.! My mother always said “Be careful what you wish for, because you’ll get it. And then people’ll get jealous and try to take it away from you.”
    Don: I don’t think that’s how that goes. {...}
    Roger: You’re an expert on everything, right? And how can I hire you? You know too much about me.
    Don: You know I’ve been discreet.
    Roger: Once you say that, you’re not discreet anymore. {...} I gotta get out of here before they open for lunch. This is embarrassing.
    Don: I’ll buy you lunch.
    Roger: I’m stuffed. I had a jar of olives.

& Stan: You know what? Fine!
    Peggy: Are we getting dressed now?
    Stan: You can do whatever you want. I don’t care.
    Peggy: But you do.
    Stan: Fine, you win.
    Peggy: Win what?
    Stan: Win the prize for the smuggest* bitch in the world.

& Peggy: They loved it.
    Don: It’s terrible.
    Peggy: Well, neither you nor the client was in a condition to notice.

& Joey: It’s good.
    Stan: Mmm. It’s pretty much how I pitched it.
    Peggy: That’s true. I only changed one little thing.

& Don: Call the Pen & Pencil, see if someone found my award.
    Miss Blankenship: What’s the category?
    Don: Best actress.

& Don: Peggy! Take Danny over to Joan. He’s starting next Monday.
    Peggy: Are you kidding?
    Danny: You will not be sorry.
    Don: Go away.

& Younger Roger: Jesus. Would you leave me alone?
    Younger Don: You told me to come in.
    Roger: The hell I did.
    Don: You hired me.
    Roger: What? When?
    Don: Yesterday. You said, “welcome aboard.”
Wow, Don!
Skeeter Davis - Ladder Of Success



-- Dict:
lubricated — смазывать; угощать вином
morose — угрюмый
smug — самодовольный

+on Imdb


! Wow, Peggy, wow!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий