12 авг. 2011 г.

Mad Men 4x12

Blowing Smoke


& Heinz: Food is cyclical. I don’t mean seasonal. But I mean literally there’s a time for beans And there’s a time for ketchup.

& Sally: Can I take it away from him?
    Betty: The spoon or the screaming... take your pick.

& Bobby: I want two hot dogs.
    Betty: Your eyes are bigger than your stomach.

& Glen: Psychiatrists are easy to fool.
    Sally: Dr. Edna’s smart.
    Glen: She tell you to kiss your mom’s ass?
    Sally: No.
    Glen: So who’s smarter, me or her?

& Midge: Did you move here?
    Don: Yes. Well, I have my own firm now.
    Midge: Oh. Draper, Draper & Draper?
    Don: Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Pryce.
    Midge: Well, it sounds impressive.

& Sally: I told her I brushed my teeth, but she said I still smelled like spaghetti.
    Dr. Edna: And what did you do?
    Sally: I brushed my teeth again.
    Dr. Edna: And what did she do?
    Sally: She doesn’t care what the truth is as long as I do what she says.

& Don: What’s it like?
    Midge: It’s like drinking 100 bottles of whiskey while someone licks your tits.
    Don: I can see it’s very good.
    Midge: He said it would help me take my mind off my work. Turns out it’s a full-time job.
    Don: Why don’t you stop?
    Midge: I know it’s bad for me, but... It’s heroin, Don. I just can’t stop.


& Don: What they’re saying about us is true.
    Peggy: So there’s nothing we can do?
    Don: Sure there is. We’re gonna sit at our desks and keep typing while the walls fall down around us, because we’re creative. The least important most-important thing there is.

& Pete: It’s in my contract. I’ll lose my partnership!
    Trudy: You’ll lose your stateroom on the Titanic?

& Don: Why I’m quitting tobacco.
    Recently, my advertising agency ended a long relationship with Lucky Strike cigarettes. And I’m relieved.
    For over 25 years, we devoted ourselves to peddling a product for which good work is irrelevant, because people can’t stop themselves from buying it. The product that never improves. Causes illness and makes people unhappy.
    But there was money in it. A lot of money. In fact, our entire business depended on it. We knew it wasn’t good for us, but we couldn’t stop.
    And then, when Lucky Strike moved their business elsewhere, I realized here was my chance to be someone who can sleep at night. Because I know what I’m selling doesn’t kill my customers.
    So as of today, Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce will no longer take tobacco accounts. ...”


& Megan: Excuse me...
    Don: Yes?
    Megan: Um, there’s someone calling from senator Kennedy’s office. Robert Kennedy wants to speak with you.

& Cooper: I never thought you had the stomach for a partnership. I’m no longer a part of this agency. You there, get my shoes.
    Roger: Bert, calm down.
    Cooper: I will not. We’ve created a monster.

& Harry: They’re gonna fire everybody... Or worse, make me fire everybody.
    Cooper: Well, it’s been a pleasure working with you all. I wish you the best of luck.
    Stan: ... I didn’t think they’d start with him.

& Don: So? You haven’t said anything about the letter...
    Peggy: I thought you didn’t go in for those kinds of shenanigans*.

& Peggy: I hate to think I’m not gonna see you.
    Feya: That’s sweet.
    Peggy: No, I mean it. You do your job so well. They respect you and you don’t have to play any games. I didn’t know that was possible.
    Feya: Is that what it looks like?.. I’m sure we’ll work together again... Somewhere.

& Roger: Well, I’ve gotta go learn a bunch of people’s names before I fire them.

& Pete: I know you said the end of business today, but that money... I don’t have it. Is there any way I can owe it on advance against bonus or future salary?
    Lane: Calm yourself. Don paid your share.
    Pete: What?!
    Lane: Perhaps you weren’t supposed to know that...

-- Dict:
shenanigan — проделка; махинация

+ on Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий