22 авг. 2011 г.

Luther 1x6

& Luther: I am coming for you. All I have to do is stay free long enough to see you dead. And I’ll do that, Ian. I’ll see you dead.

& Luther: Zoe’s dead.
    Alice: Are we speaking figuratively?

& Alice: Did you kill her?
    Luther: Would it matter?
    Alice: To me?

& Alice: Why are you here?
    Luther: I just need a safe place to think.
    Alice: You know, in 1988, two psychologists published an article arguing that “positive self-deception” is a normal and advantageous part of most people’s lives. It turns out, people lie to themselves about three things. They view themselves in implausibly positive ways, they think they have far more control over their lives than they actually do, and they believe the future will be better than the evidence of the present can possibly justify.
        But you’re way beyond that now. You’re on the other side of that particular mirror.

& Alice: They’ll know it’s you. You’re not an easy man to disguise*.
    Luther: That’s not the point.
    Alice: Well, what is?
    Luther: Deniability. Look, if we get caught...
    Alice: I say you forced me to help. You threatened my life.
    Luther: You’re not even joking, are you?
    Alice: Absolutely not.

& Luther: Why did you do it?
    Alice: Do what?
    Luther: Your parents.
    Alice: Because I wanted to.
    Luther: How could you want that?
    Alice: Well, let’s put Ian Reed in a room with you and then talk about who wants what.


& Ian: I can’t stand it. I think I’m going mad. Honestly, mate. I can’t stand it...
    Luther: That’s not going to stop me coming for you.
    Ian: Look, I can’t undo it. All right? I wish I could. Hand to God... if I could go back, Ian: I’d rather it was me that was dead.
    Luther: That can be arranged...

& Rose: Do you know what you’ve done?
    Justin: Yes, I do, ma’am.
    Rose: Don’t “ma’am” me.

& Martin: I suppose all things are possible, although not equally.

& Ian: If I was you, I’d have killed me.
    Luther: Nothing I’d like to do more.
    Ian: Do it, come on. I’ve come so far, I don’t even care. You know this is the end for me.
    Luther: No.
    Ian: Why not?
    Luther: Because I choose not to.

& Ian: Are you?
    Alice: Yeah. He swore he wasn’t going to kill you. He thought the humiliation of prison would be worse. The beatings, the rapes, the incessant fear for your life, but I told him, “No, John, you’re wrong. Dying would be worse.” Because well, honestly, it is, isn’t it? Dying’s just worse.


& Luther: Now what?
{ __ Yeah. Exactly. Now what, Luther? Now what, Alice? We’ll see. And soon. And this’s goood. }


-- Dict:
disguise — изменять; скрывать; маскировать; переодевать

On Imdb.

And this was the

End of Season One

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий