3 июн. 2011 г.

Rome 1x9

Utica

Season 1, Episode 9


& Caesar: Octavian? How would you proceed, were you me?
    Octavian: Proceed with?..
    Caesar: Putting the republic to rights.
    Octavian: How to proceed... I would start a large program of public works... Employ citizens and free men, repair the aqueducts, levee the river... That sort of thing. I would create at least 100 or so new senators, that I could be sure were my creatures rather than my secret enemies.

& Octavia: What are you reading?
    Octavian: A guide to the interpretation of prodigies.
    Octavia: Is it good?
    Octavian: It’s dull beyond conception. If I am to be a pontiff, I must be familiar with their ludicrous jargon.

& Octavia: Either you were lovers, or some god has cursed Caesar. Which is it?
    Octavian: Sister, there are no gods.
    Octavia: Don’t be horrid*.
    Octavian: There is doubtless a prime mover of some sort, but a community of beings that look like us and meddle in our affairs?.. Highly improbable.


& Octavian: Why?
    Octavia: Why not?
    Octavian: I can think of several reasons.
    Octavia: When you were little, you would come to my bed every night.
    Octavian: Not every night. Only when I was scared.
    Octavia: You were scared a great deal.
    Octavian: I’m not scared now.
    Octavia: Pretend.
    Octavian: I have no skill at pretending. ... I’m embarrassed now.

& Octavia: Brother, tell me something...
    Octavian: Ah!
    Octavia: What do you mean, “ah”?
    Octavian: Now comes the price.

& Niobe: No, don’t, you’ll dirty it.

& Saul: What’s the hat for?
    Timon: Yom kippur.
    Saul: Is that today?
    Timon: You call yourself a Jew?
    Saul: What? Are you my rebbe now?


-- Dict:
horrid — ужасный; противный; мерзкий; отталкивающий


+ on Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий