21 июн. 2011 г.

Mad Men 4x1

Public Relations

Season 4, Episode 1


& “Ad Age” reporter: Who is Don Draper?
    Don: ... Excuse me?
    Reporter: Who is Don Draper? {...} Anything?..
    Don: Well, as I said before, I’m from the Midwest. We were taught that it’s not polite to talk about yourself.

& Roger: They’re so cheap they can’t even afford a whole reporter.

& Potential client: We make a two-piece bathing suit. We’re a family company. And nowadays it’s tough to make a dent if your ads don’t look like a girlie magazine.
    Don: Do you want women who want bikinis to buy your two-piece, or do you just want to make sure women who want a two-piece don’t suddenly buy a bikini?

& Roger: They have chicken Kiev. The butter squirts everywhere.


& Bethany Van Nuys: I’m breaking a lot of my rules seeing a divorced man. But Jane has made you her personal cause.
    Don: And there are so many real problems in the world...
    Bethany: I know. The world is so dark right now... The country? My goodness, you’ve made me feel very serious all of a sudden.
    Don: I don’t know if I can make you feel better about the world...

& Bethany: Will you please take a weak no? Let’s see where we are new year’s eve. If it’s meant to be, it’ll keep.
    Don: Let me walk you in.
    Bethany: No. I know that trick.

& Cooper: I’m going to have to get you another interview. “The Wall Street Journal.”
    Don: And what do I do differently? I told him the truth. Who gives a crap what I say anyway? My work speaks for me.
    Cooper: Turning creative success into business is your work. And you’ve failed.
    Joan: ...... It’ll pass.

& Peggy: You know something? We are all here because of you. All we want to do is please you.


I was born in a funk
mama died and my daddy got drunk
left me here to die alone
in the middle of Tobacco Road
...........................


+ on Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий