6 июн. 2011 г.

Game of Thrones 1x7

You Win or You Die

Season 1, Episode 7


& Jaime: Poor Ned Stark... Brave man, terrible judgment.
    Tywin Lannister: Attacking him was stupid. Lannisters don’t act like fools.

& Jaime: Catelyn Stark took my brother.
    Tywin: Why is he still alive?
    Jaime: Tyrion?
    Tywin: Ned Stark. {...} Why is he still alive?
    Jaime: It wouldn’t have been clean.
    Tywin: Clean... You spend too much time worrying about what other people think of you.

& Tywin: When you hear them whispering “Kingslayer” behind your back... doesn’t it bother you?
    Jaime: Of course it bothers me.
    Tywin: The lion doesn’t concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

& Jaime: I didn’t realize you placed such a high value on my brother’s life.
    Tywin: He’s a Lannister. He might be the lowest of the Lannisters, but he’s one of us. And every day that he remains a prisoner, the less our name commands respect.
    Jaime: So the lion does concern himself with the opinions of...
    Tywin: No, it’s not an opinion. It’s a fact.

& Tywin: Your mother’s dead. Before long I’ll be dead. And you and your brother and your sister and all of her children. All of us dead; all of us rotting in the ground. It’s the family name that lives on. It’s all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family.

& Ned: I know the truth Jon Arryn died for.

& Cersei: You should have taken the realm for yourself. Jaime told me about the day King’s Landing fell. He was sitting in the Iron Throne and you made him give it up. All you needed to do was climb the steps yourself. Such a sad mistake...
    Ned: I’ve made many mistakes in my life, but that wasn’t one of them.
    Cersei: Oh, but it was. When you play the Game of Thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

& Baelish: Let’s start over, shall we? You be the man and you be the woman. Well, go ahead... Slowly. You’re not fooling them. They just paid you. They know what you are. They know it’s all just an act. Your job is to make them forget what they know. That takes time.

& Ros: Why don’t you join us, My Lord?
    Baelish: I’m saving myself for another.
    Ros: What she doesn’t know won’t hurt her.
    Baelish: A stupid saying. What we don’t know is usually what gets us killed.

& Ros: She must be very beautiful...
    Baelish: No, not really. Impeccable bloodlines though.

& Baelish: She could tell me anything, anything at all. She told me about all the horses that she liked, the castle she wanted to live in and the man that she wanted to marry. A northerner with a jaw like an anvil. So I challenged him to a duel. I mean, why not? I’d read all the stories. The little hero always beats the big villain in all the stories. In the end, she wouldn’t even let him kill me.

& Baelish: Do you know what I learned, losing that duel?.. I learned that I’ll never win, not that way. That’s their game, their rules. I’m not going to fight them. I’m going to fuck them. That’s what I know. That’s what I am. And only by admitting what we are can we get what we want.
    Ros: And what do you want?
    Baelish: Oh, everything, my dear. Everything there is.


& Maester Luwin: Theon Greyjoy! The lady is our guest.
    Greyjoy: I thought she was our prisoner.
    Maester Luwin: Are the two mutually exclusive in your experience?

& Maester Luwin: Chances are I won’t be nearby the next time that happens.
    Osha: I’m used to worse than him. I’m used to men who could chew that boy up and pick their teeth with his bones.

& Maester Luwin: The “things” you speak of... they’ve been gone for thousands of years.
    Osha: They wasn’t gone, old man. They was sleeping. And they ain’t sleeping no more.

& Baratheon: I want the funeral feast to be the biggest the Kingdoms ever saw. And I want everyone to taste the boar that got me.

& Baratheon: Write down what I say. “In the name of Robert of the House Baratheon, first of...” you know how it goes. Fill in the damn titles. “I hereby command Eddard of House Stark...” titles, titles... “to serve as Lord Regent and Protector of the Realm upon my death, to rule in my stead until my son Joffrey comes of age.” {...} At least they’ll say I did this right, this one thing. You’ll rule now.

& Baratheon: My son... Help him, Ned. Make him better than me.

& Baelish: You’ll need someone to share these burdens... I assure you... my price would be modest.
    Ned: What you suggest is treason!
    Baelish: Only if we lose.

& Ned: Make peace with the Lannisters, you say... With the people who tried to murder my boy.
    Baelish: We only make peace with our enemies, My Lord. That’s why it’s called “making peace.”

& Daenerys: King Robert still wants me dead.
    Jorah Mormont: This poisoner was the first. He won’t be the last.
    Daenerys: I thought he’d leave me alone... now that my brother is gone.
    Jorah Mormont: He will never leave you alone. {...} He will never abandon the hunt. You’re a Targaryen... the last Targaryen. Your son will have Targaryen blood with 40,000 riders behind him.
    Daenerys: He will not have my son!
    Jorah Mormont: He will not have you either, Khaleesi.

& — Lord Stark, King Joffrey and the Queen Regent request your presence in the Throne Room.
    Ned: King Joffrey?!

& The City Watch Commander: We stand behind you, Lord Stark.

& Cersei: May I see that letter, Ser Barristan? ... Protector of the realm. Is this meant to be your shield, Lord Stark? A piece of paper?..
    Ned: Those were the King’s words.
    Cersei: We have a new King now.

& Cersei: Lord Eddard, when we last spoke you offered me some counsel. Allow me to return the courtesy. Bend the knee, My Lord. Bend the knee and swear loyalty to my son... and we shall allow you to live out your days in the gray waste you call home.

& Baelish: I did warn you not to trust me.


+ on Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий