14 июн. 2011 г.

Game of Thrones 1x9

Baelor

Season 1, Episode 9


& Varys: When I was still a boy... before they cut my balls off with a hot knife... I traveled with a group of actors through the free cities. They taught me that each man has a role to play. The same is true at court. I am the master of whisperers. My role is to be sly*, obsequious* and without scruples*. I’m a good actor, My Lord.

& Ned: Can you free me from this pit?
    Varys: I could... But will I? No.

& Ned: What do you want? Tell me. No riddles, no stories... tell me, what do you want?
    Varys: Peace. {...} Cersei is no fool. She knows a tame* wolf is more use to her than a dead one.
    Ned: You want me to serve the woman who murdered my King, who butchered my men, who crippled my son?!
    Varys: I want you to serve the realm!

& Ned: You think my life is some precious thing to me? That I would trade my honor for a few more years of... Of what? You grew up with actors. You learned their craft and you learned it well. But I grew up with soldiers. I learned how to die a long time ago.

& Varys: Did you know that your son is marching south with an army of Northmen? Loyal lad... fighting for his father’s freedom.
    Ned: Robb? He’s just a boy.
    Varys: Boys have been conquerors before.

& Lord Frey: You see that? 15 she is. A little flower. And her honey’s all mine!

& Lord Frey: Don’t try and frighten me, Lady Stark. Your husband’s in a cell beneath the Red Keep and your son’s got no fur to keep his balls warm.
    Catelyn: You swore an oath to my father!
    Lord Frey: Oh yes, I said some words... And I swore oaths to the crown too, if I remember right. Joffrey’s King now, which makes your boy and his corpses-to-be nothing but rebels, it seems to me.


& Robb: ... And?..
    Catelyn: And when the fighting is done... You will marry one of his daughters. Whichever you prefer. He has a number he thinks will be... suitable.
    Robb: I see... Did you get a look at his daughters?
    Catelyn: I did.
    Robb: And?..
    Catelyn: One was... Do you consent*?
    Robb: Can I refuse?
    Catelyn: Not if you want to cross.
    Robb: Then I consent.

& Maester Aemon: Tell me, did you ever wonder why the men of The Night’s Watch take no wives and father no children?
    Jon Snow: No.
    Maester Aemon: So they will not love. Love is the death of duty.

& Maester Aemon: If the day should ever come when your lord father was forced to choose between honor on the one hand and those he loves on the other, what would he do?
    Jon Snow: He would do whatever was right. No matter what.
    Maester Aemon: Then Lord Stark is one man in 10,000. Most of us are not so strong.

& Maester Aemon: We’re all human. Oh, we all do our duty when there’s no cost to it. Honor comes easy then. Yet sooner or later in every man’s life there comes a day when it is not easy, a day when he must choose.

& Jon Snow: Who are you?!
    Maester Aemon: My father was Maekar, the first of his name. My brother Aegon reigned after him when I had refused the Throne. And he was followed by his son Aerys, whom they called the Mad King.
    Jon Snow: You’re Aemon Targaryen!
    Maester Aemon: I’m a Maester of the Citadel, bound in service to Castle Black and The Night’s Watch.

& Shae: What do you want from me?
    Tyrion: What do I want from you? I want you to share my tent. I want you to pour my wine, laugh at my jokes, rub my legs when they’re sore after a day’s ride. I want you to take no other man to bed for as long as we’re together. And I want you to fuck me like it’s my last night in this world... which it may well be.
    Shae: And what do I get?
    Tyrion: Safety. No one will hurt you for as long as you’re mine. The pleasure of my company, which I have heard is spectacular...
    Shae: Who told you this? Women you paid?
    Tyrion: And three: More gold than you can spend if you lived a thousand years. Do you accept my proposal?
    Shae: Let’s start with your last night in this world.

& Daenerys: Even if... Even if he dies, why would I run? I am Khaleesi and my... my son will be Khal after Drogo.
    Jorah Mormont: This isn’t Westeros where men honor blood. Here they only honor strength. There will be fighting after Drogo dies. Whoever wins that fight will be the new Khal.

& Daenerys: Save him and I will free you. I swear it. You must know a way... Some... Some magic.
    Witch: There is a spell... Some would say death is cleaner.
    Daenerys: Do it!

& Jorah Mormont: Are you hurt?
    Daenerys: The baby... is coming.

& Bronn: Let’s play a new game. There’s a Braavosi knife game I could teach you...
    Tyrion: Does it involve the potential for losing fingers?
    Bronn: Not if you win.

& Tyrion: Your mother was a whore.
    Shea: Drink.

& Shea: My turn.
    Tyrion: Fine, fine. Ask away. Try to penetrate the enigma that is me.

& Shea: You should have known she was a whore.
    Tyrion: Really? I was 16, drunk and in love...
    Shea: A girl who was almost raped doesn’t invite another man into her bed two hours later.
    Tyrion: As I said, I was young and stupid...
    Shea: You are still young and stupid.

& Tyrion: If I die, weep for me.
    Shea: You’ll be dead. How will you know?
    Tyrion: I’ll know.

& Bronn: Stay low.
    Tyrion: Stay low?
    Bronn: If you’re lucky, no one will notice you.
    Tyrion: I was born lucky.

& Bronn: You’re a shit warrior.
    Tyrion: I’m alive?

& Jaime Lannister: We could end this war right now, boy, save thousands of lives. You fight for the Starks, I fight for the Lannisters. Swords or lances, teeth, nails... choose your weapons and let’s end this here and now.
    Robb: If we do it your way, Kingslayer, you’d win. We’re not doing it your way.

& Robb: I sent 2,000 men to their graves today...
    Theon Greyjoy: The bards will sing songs of their sacrifice!
    Robb: Aye. But the dead won’t hear them. One victory does not make us conquerors. Did we free my father?.. Did we rescue my sisters from the Queen?.. Did we free the North from those who want us on our knees?.. This war is far from over.

& Joffrey: So long as I am your King, treason shall never go unpunished. Ser Ilyn, bring me his head!


-- Dict:
sly — хитрый
obsequious — подобострастный
scruples — угрызения совести
tame — ручной; прирученный
consent — соглашаться

On Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий