11 июн. 2011 г.

Game of Thrones 1x8

The Pointy End

Season 1, Episode 8


& Syrio: Left, right. Rah! Now you are dead.
    Arya: You said right, but you went left!
    Syrio: And now you are a dead girl.
    Arya: Only ’cause you lied!
    Syrio: My tongue lied. My eyes shouted the truth. You were not seeing.
    Arya: I was so. I watched, but you...
    Syrio: Watching is not seeing, dead girl. The seeing, the true seeing, that is the heart of swordplay.

& Syrio: Be gone now, Arya.
    Arya: Come with me. Run.
    Syrio: The First Sword of Braavos does not run. What do we say to the God of Death?
    Arya: Not today.

& Varys: What madness led you to tell the Queen you had learned the truth about Joffrey’s birth?
    Ned: ... The madness of mercy. That she might save her children.
    Varys: Ah, the children. It is always the innocents who suffer. It wasn’t the wine that killed Robert, nor the boar. The wine slowed him down and the boar ripped him open, but it was your mercy that killed the King.

& Varys: I trust you know you are a dead man, Lord Eddard?

& Ned: Tell me something, Varys. Who do you truly serve?
    Varys: The Realm, My Lord. Someone must.



& Theon Greyjoy: Are you afraid?
    Robb: I must be.
    Theon: Good.
    Robb: Why is that good?
    Theon: It means you’re not stupid.

& Tyrion: What do you want, Bronn? Gold? Women? Golden women? Stick with me and you’ll have them all, for as long as I’m around and not for a moment longer.

& Shagga Son of Dolf of the Stone Crows: How would you like to die, Tyrion son of Tywin?
    Tyrion: In my own bed, at the age of 80 with a bellyful of wine and a girl’s mouth around my cock.

& John Snow: What else did the book say?
    Sam: The White Walkers sleep beneath the ice for thousands of years. And when they wake up...
    Grenn: And when they wake up, what?!
    Sam: I hope the Wall is high enough.

& Robb: And if I lose?..
    Catelyn: Do you know what happened to the Targaryen children when the Mad King fell?
    Robb: They were butchered in their sleep.
    Catelyn: On the orders of Tywin Lannister. And the years have not made him kinder. If you lose, your father dies, your sisters die, we die.
    Robb: Well, that makes it simple then.

& Tyrion: Kind of you to go to war for me.
    Tywin Lannister: You left us no choice. The honor of the House was at stake. Your brother would never have submitted to capture so meekly*.
    Tyrion: We have our differences, Jaime and I. He’s braver. I’m better looking.

& Joffrey: Anything else?
    Sansa: If you still have any affection in your heart for me, please do me this kindness, Your Grace.
    Joffrey: Your sweet words have moved me. But your father has to confess. He has to confess and say that I’m the King... Or there’ll be no mercy for him.
    Sansa: He will.


-- Dict:
meekly — кротко; смиренно

On Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий