18 июн. 2011 г.

Henry's Crime

& Max: Um... what are you in for?
    Henry: What?
    Max: What are you in for?
    Henry: Bank robbery.
    Max: Nice. Clean, simple. I like it.
    Henry: I didn’t do it.
    Max: No, of course not. Mistaken identity.
    Henry: What are you in for?
    Max: Life.

& Max: See, the real crime is not committing to your dream. What is yours, anyway?
    Henry: My what?
    Max: Your dream.
    Henry: Not sure I ever had one.
    Max: Never had a dream? I mean, what kinda life’s that?
    Henry: I don’t know. A pretty good one.
    Max: Hm. I don’t er... mean any offence, Henry, but you’re in jail.

& Henry: You never did tell me what your dream was, Max.
    Max: What?
    Henry: You never told me your dream.
    Max: I’m living it.
    Henry: Really?
    Max: Well, yeah. I mean, it’s easy, living in here. I got nothing to prove, all you really gotta do is show up and they even do that for you. So, er... it’s nice. It’s good, yeah.



& Joe: Maybe you’d be interested, Henry... You could be a Jin Chi distributor. It’s Korean kitchenware, the future of food storage. Plus if you recruit distributors you get paid even more.
    Henry: You mean like a pyramid scheme?
    Joe: No. Not... No. Not... It’s a multi-layered marketing paradidgem. ... Anyway, give it some thought.

& Henry: I figured it out.
    Max: Figured what out?
    Henry: My dream.
    Max: Oh, that’s good. So what is it?
    Henry: The bank.
    Max: The bank is your dream?
    Henry: Yeah.
    Max: Um... what bank?
    Henry: The one I didn’t rob.
    Max: That’s your dream?.. What kind of cockamamie dream is that?
    Henry: I did the time, I may as well have done the crime.
    Max: Yeah. Time, crime, right.


& Henry: Will you help me?
    Max: Help you what? You came to jail to ask me to help you rob a bank?

& Max: Are you kidding me?! This is your plan? An old cartoon in a pissoir?
    Henry: It’s a start.
    Max: No, this is 80 years ago. Wait. I tell you what we do. We do it the old-fashioned way. We go in with guns.
    Henry: No guns.
    Max: Why?
    Henry: Someone could get hurt.
    Max: That’s very sweet of you, Henry.

& Max: How are you doing?
    Julie: Great! I’m in hell.

& Henry: Oh, I’m so glad I ran you over.
    Julie: Me too.

& Max: What do you mean, you told her?!
    Henry: I told her.
    Max: You told her everything?
    Henry: Yeah.
    Max: Henry, it’s a crime! A crime’s supposed to be secret.
    Henry: It’s OK, Max.
    Max: No, it is not. It’s not kosher.
    Henry: How do you like your bacon?
    Max: ........ Crispy.

& Henry: Well, what can we do, Max?
    Max: I got an idea. ... What if you played Lopakhin?
    Henry: What?! ... They have a Lopakhin.
    Max: What if they didn’t?
    Henry: What do you mean?
    Max: What do I mean? What if they didn’t have a Lopakhin?
    Henry: I can’t be Lopakhin. I’m not an actor.
    Max: You’re not a bank robber and you’re doing that.

& Julie: What the fuck! He’s not an actor!
    Max: Exactly! He’s natural. He’d just be playing himself. Just give this a little thinkage... The man is Lopakhin. I mean, he’s a man who’s come from nothing, he’s a man who’s not afraid to create a new life, put his past behind him, and he’s a man in love with you. Er... Madame Ravinsky.
    Julie: Ranevsky.
    Max: What did I say?
    Julie: Ravinsky.
    Max: I did?
    Julie: It’s Ranevsky.

& Henry: Your brother Leonid Andrevich says I’m an ups...
    Darek: How can you perform Chekhov and not be able to say Andre-ye-vich?!

& Julie: Does this make me an accessory?
    Henry: I think so. Depends.
    Julie: On what?
    Henry: If I get caught.

& Darek: Tonight, my dear players, we can show our audience that the future is something we really need to fear. And to recognise that knowledge itself is never more real than in the beauty of our imagination.

& Darek: As we say in my home country, go out there and break some dicks.

& Eddie: Welcome to my world, bitches.


+ on Imdb.

+ Pretty nice Keanu Reeves as Henry & as Lopakhin.
! Vera Farmiga well remembered from Up in the Air.
+ James Caan with no doubt.
!! Very pleasant OST. Sharon Jones... 's just breathtaking.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий