19 июн. 2011 г.

Rome 1x12

Kalends of February

Season 1, Episode 12


& Pullo: What... are... you doing?
    Painter: Sorry, sir, sorry, sir. Just taking your likeness, sir.
    Pullo: Taking my likeness? What do you mean? Speak, thief!
    Painter: Sir, Aventine cloth dyers* association are paying me to do a mural* of you and Lucius Vorenus in the arena, sir.
    Pullo: Explain yourself. Why would anybody do that?
    Painter: Why, sir? You’re famous, sir. There’s paintings of you all over.

& Lucius: You should be in the hospital at Avernum.
    Pullo: And miss all the fun? Why am I tied up?
    Lucius: What fun is that?
    Pullo: We’re famous, aren’t we? Heroes. Songs, plays, pictures on walls, eh?

& Lucius: I humbly apologize, sir. I have no excuse.
    Caesar: You present me with a dilemma. By right, I could have you thrown off the Tarpeian rock. But the people, simple souls that they are, have made great heroes out of you and Pullo. If I were to punish you, the people would be made extremely angry. I do not wish to make the people angry, ergo, I cannot punish you. If I cannot punish you, I must reward you, else I shall seem weak. Listen to this now, Cicero. By popular acclaim, I shall name Lucius Vorenus a senator of Rome. Good, eh?.. Now you’re all astonished.

& Cicero: Forgive me, but really I must, as a friend... I must protest! A lowly pleb in the Senate?! That’s going too far! No offense to you, Vorenus.
    Caesar: I do not wish to jump in any arenas, Cicero. I must please the people in some other fashion.
    Cicero: Build yet another temple. Kill someone. The people are easy to please. Not this!


& Mark Antony: You’ll make a lot of men very angry with your Gauls and your Celts and your plebs and such. I’ll have to double your guard.
    Posca: That’s what I told him. Will he listen?
    Caesar: Guards can keep my enemies away. They can do nothing about my friends.

& Brutus: Gentlemen, this is not some cheap murder! It is an honorable thing that we do, and it must be done honorably. In daylight. On the Senate floor. With our own hand. With my hand.

& Atia: Why would she want to see me?.. She hates me.
    Mark Antony: So do I. It’s no bar to friendship.

& Newsreader: Senate in session today. No assemblies in the vicinity. No gaming. No prostitution. May all the gods bless our sacrosanct father Gaius Julius Caesar.

& Servilia: So you see, the tyrant is dead, the republic is restored, and you are alone. Would you like some honey water?..
    Atia: I won’t, thank you.
    Servilia: Please don’t be afraid. I won’t harm you. Not yet.


-- Dict:
mural — фреска
dyers — красильщики


+ on Imdb.

And this was

The End of Season One

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий