30 июн. 2011 г.

Mad Men 4x2

Christmas Comes But Once a Year

Season 4, Episode 2


& Cooper: Shall we dim the lights?
    Dr. Atherton: No, beginning the presentation with the film is a mistake. Audiences will listen to anything in anticipation. ... Simply said, we believe that at the motivational research group, we have brought the science of consumer evaluation to a point of precision like that of a surgeon’s scalpel. No doubt, with the help of minds like Dr. Faye Miller, with whose work you are already unknowingly familiar... Faye helped develop the indelible image that has become the standard of feminine hygiene advertising... The Carefree gal in white pants. .......
    Dr. Faye Miller: It’s right up there with the polio vaccine.

& Dr. Faye Miller: Beyond demographic information... Salary, age, marital situation... we’ve tried to find a way to select prospects who can really provide insight. This test is our beginning. Take a minute, fill it out and please take a cookie.
    Harry: What’s it mean if we don’t?
    Dr. Faye Miller: That you’re a psychopath.

& Dr. Faye Miller: These questions have been designed to get at what subjects really want instead of what they say they do. What are the real feelings that exist below the surface? For example, “how would you describe your father?” No matter what the answer, it creates a level of intimacy for the next question, “Who makes decisions in your household?”

& Pryce: There’s been a small adjustment to the scale of our Christmas party.
    Joan: Lower or higher?
    Pryce: Lee Garner Jr. will be joining us. I trust you’ll make the appropriate improvements.
    Roger: Well, I don’t. We need to change its rating from convalescent* home to Roman orgy.


& Peggy: I told you I want you. In fact I want you so much I wanna wait.
    Mark: And I told you there’s nothing to be afraid of. I want to be your first. You’re so old-fashioned.
    Peggy: No, I’m not.
    Mark: In Sweden, they make love the minute they feel attracted. And it’s healthier, because you can find, you know, the perfect person. Because making love is a very important part of a life with someone. The most important. In Sweden, anyway.
    Peggy: Where did you hear that?
    Mark: I read this article, The Swedish way of love.” It’s very enlightened.
    Peggy: You’re never going to get me to do anything Swedish people do.

& Phoebe: Did you have a party or something?
    Don: I hate parties.
    Phoebe: And you hate Christmas. I got it.
    Don: I don’t hate Christmas. I hate this Christmas.

& Dr. Faye Miller: It’s all about somebody’s childhood. Look, we’re both in the same business. I’m not embarrassed to say it’s about helping people somehow to sort out their deepest conflict.
    Don: And what is that?
    Dr. Faye Miller: In a nutshell, it all comes down to “what I want” versus “what’s expected of me.”
    Don: That’s true.
    Dr. Faye Miller: I know it’s true. You would’ve known it’s true if you’d stayed for my presentation.
    Don: Want to get some dinner or something?
    Dr. Faye Miller: No thank you. But apology accepted.

& Dr. Faye Miller: Look, I know the holidays are hard in your situation, but don’t worry. You’ll be married again in a year.
    Don: What?!
    Dr. Faye Miller: I’m sorry. I always forget... Nobody wants to think they’re a type.

& Don: Thank you for bringing my keys. I really appreciate it. I’ve probably taken advantage of your kindness on too many occasions.
    Allison: Excuse me?
    Don: I just wanted to say thank you for bringing my keys.




-- Dict:
convalescent — пациент, идущий на поправку


+ on Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий