22 дек. 2009 г.

Mad Men 1x04

New Amsterdam

Season 1, Episode 4


* Trudy Campbell: It's on the market for 32, but Elaine, the realtor, says we can get it for 30.
   Pete Campbell: Lovely, you know that I want to give you everything...
   Trudy: We don't have to pay for the whole thing at once. We can get a mortgage.
   Pete: Trudy, I make $75 a week. {! начало шестидесятых !} Now, I know you're not good at math, but that's $3,500 a year.


* Pete Campbell: Why is it so hard for you people to give me anything?
   Pete's Father: We gave you everything. We gave you your name.


* Roger Sterling: Don's a big boy, Bert.
   Bertram Cooper: Aren't you, Don?
   Draper: Well, thank you, sir.
Copper, The Big Boss: There you go. I'm glad we're all better now.



* Roger Sterling: Pete Campbell. On his way out. {...} Can't be avoided, I'm afraid. {...} He's a junior account executive who brought his own idea to a client in a bar. There are rules.
   Bertram Cooper: There are other rules. {...} New York City is a marvelous machine filled with a mesh of levers and gears and springs, like a fine watch wound tight. Always ticking.
   Draper: Sounds more like a bomb.
   Cooper: How much do you know about Pete's family? {...} There's a Pete Campbell at every agency out there.
   Draper: Well, let's get one of the other ones.
   Cooper: You're going to need a stronger stomach if you're going to be back in the kitchen seeing how the sausage is made.


* Roger Sterling: I bet daily friendship with that bottle attracts more people to advertising than any salary you can dream of.
   Draper: It's why I got in.
   Roger: So enjoy it.
   Draper: I'm doing my best here.
   Roger: Oh, you're not. You don't know how to drink, your whole generation.
You drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good. Because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar. Because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do.



--- Словарик:
marvelous — изумительный, удивительный, чудесный



+ Еще quotes на Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий