20 дек. 2009 г.

The Big Bang Theory 2x10

The Vartabedian Conundrum

Season 2, Episode 10


* Stephanie: Hi, Sheldon.
   Sheldon: Good morning, Dr. Stephanie. I ust Leonard satisfied you sexually last night.
   Leonard: Sheldon,we don't ask questions like that.
   Sheldon: I heard you ask it over and over.


* Leonard: We're not living together.
   Penny: Are you sure?
   Leonard: How could I not be sure? Don't you think if a woman was living with me I'd be the first one to know about it?
   Penny: Oh,sweetie, you'd be the last one to know about it.


* Penny: God, come on, Leonard. You are entitled to try and make things go the way you want them to.
   Leonard: Really?
   Penny: Yes! You don't always have to go along with what the woman wants. What?
   Leonard: Nothing. Just... rethinking my whole life.



* Sheldon: Under Article One,Section Three of our Roommate Agreement, I'm calling an emergency meeting.
   Leonard: No, you're not.
   Sheldon: Leonard moves the meeting not occur. Is there a second? None heard, the motion fails. I'd like to begin the meeting by congratulating you on the progress in your relationship with Dr. Stephanie.
   Leonard: Thank you.
   Sheldon: That being said, we have to discuss the implementation of the agreed upon "cohabitation" rider which has been activated now that the two of you are living together.
   Leonard: We're not living together.
   Sheldon: I beg to disagree. "A girlfriend shall be deemed quote living with un-quote Leonard when she has stayed over for A: ten consecutive nights, or B: more than nine nights in a three week period, or C: all the weekends of a given month plus three weeknights.
   Leonard: That's absurd.
   Sheldon: You initialed it. See? L.H., L.H., L.H.
   Leonard: Wait, I only initialed it because I never thought it would happen! I initialed another clause naming you my sidekick in case I get superpowers.


* Leonard: Okay, maybe this whole living together happened kind of suddenly, but it's fine, it's great.
   Penny: Okay, Leonard, honey, you know, if you're uncomfortable with the way things are going, you're allowed to say something.
   Leonard: Are you sure? That doesn't sound right.
   Penny: Believe me, your feelings are just as important as hers.
   Leonard: No, that doesn't sound right either.
   Penny: Just tell her you need the relationship to move at a pace that you both are comfortable with.
   Leonard: Yeah, I could say something like that to her. I'll go do that. Thank you.
   Penny: Sure.
   Leonard: You've a really good grasp on this. Maybe you could talk to her?
   Penny: You're kidding, right?
   Leonard: No, but that's okay. I'll go talk to her. Want to come with?


* Leonard: Listen, we need to talk.
   Stephanie: Do we need to talk or "do we need to talk"?
   Leonard: I don't know what that means.
   Stephanie: Okay,why don't you just tell me what it is you have to tell me?
   Leonard: Okay, um, well, look, it's just that... things between you and me have been going pretty quick.
   Stephanie: And...
   Leonard: It's just a little scary.
   Stephanie: Well, yeah, but scary good, right?
   Leonard: Sure... When is scary not good?


* Leonard: What's that? Really? Right now?
   Stephanie: Why not?
   Leonard: I just ate, aren't you supposed to wait an hour?
   Stephanie: I think that's for swimming.


* Penny: So, how did the talk with Stephanie go?
   Leonard: Well, um, on one level, really, really well.
   Penny: So, you told her you wanted to slow things down?
   Leonard: Not specifically, but, uh, I did tell her that I had feelings.
   Penny: Good, good. And then what?
   Leonard: And then, uh, the subject got changed somehow.
   Penny: You had sex, didn't you?
   Leonard: A little bit.


* Leonard: Okay, so what do I say to her?
   Penny: I don't know. I mean, what have women said to you when they wanted to slow a relationship down?
   Leonard: I really like you, but I want to see how things go with Mark?
   Penny: Yeah, that'll slow it down.



--- Словарик:
Conundrum — головоломка, загадка
initial — ставить инициалы, визировать
grasp — власть, господство; обладание; хват


+ Еще quotes на Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий