15 окт. 2016 г.

The Shining

& Danny: Do you really want to go and live in that hotel for the winter?
    Wendy: Sure I do. It’ll be lots of fun.
    Danny: Yeah, I guess so.

& Danny: Don’t worry, Mom. I know all about cannibalism. I saw it on TV.

& Dick Hallorann: When I was a little boy... my grandmother and I could hold conversations... entirely without ever opening our mouths. She called it «shining.»

& Dick Hallorann: Who’s Tony?

& Dick Hallorann: Scared of nothing here. It’s just that... you know, some places are like people. Some shine... and some don’t. I guess you could say the Overlook Hotel... has something about it that’s like shining.


& Danny: Mr. Hallorann, what is in room 237?

& Jack Torrance: God! I’d give anything for a drink. I’d give my goddamn soul... for just a glass of beer. .... Hi, Lloyd. A little slow tonight, isn’t it?

& Jack Torrance: All I tried to do was pull him up. A momentary loss of muscular coordination. I mean... a few extra foot-pounds of energy... per second, per second.

& Delbert Grady: It’s his mother. She... interferes. Perhaps they need a good... talking-to. If... you don’t mind my saying so. Perhaps... a bit more.

& Jack Torrance: I’m home...

& Jack Torrance: Here’s Johnny!

--
+++ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий