13 окт. 2016 г.

In a Lonely Place

& Dixon Steele: You know me. If I don’t answer the third ring, I’m not home.

& Dixon Steele: There’s no sacrifice too great for a chance at immortality.

& Mildred Atkinson: She falls in love with Channing, who’s not really a lifeguard, but a student at Columbia University studying to be a «bachelortorologist.» Well, you know, one of those fellows that looks into the «microbes.»

& Dixon Steele: It could have happened to anybody.
    Dixon Steele: I know, but somehow it always happens to you.

& Dixon Steele: Why do you want me to confess?
    Mel Lippman: Because I’ll have to get you a lawyer. Or maybe get you across the border into Mexico.
    Dixon Steele: Lippman and his connections...

& Dixon Steele: You know, you’re out of your mind. How could anybody like a face like this? Look at it.
    Laurel Gray: I said I liked it. I didn’t say I wanted to kiss it.


& Dixon Steele: No, Sylvia, I didn’t do it. I assure you I could never throw a lovely body from a moving car. My artistic temperament wouldn’t permit it. No, naturally.
    You see, we so-called creative artists have a great respect for cadavers. We treat them with the utmost reverence. Put them in soft beds, lay them out on fur rugs, leave them lying at the foot of a long staircase, but we definitely could never throw them from a moving car as though they were cigarette butts.
    No, naturally not.

& Laurel Gray: He’s writing a script. I’m doing the typing.
    Capt. Lochner: Do you receive a salary for your work?
    Laurel Gray: No. I’m doing it for love.

& Martha: A girl like you should think about security. And remember, angel, in the beginning was the land. Motion pictures came later.

& Dixon Steele: Oh, I love a picnic. Acres and acres of sand, and all of it in your food.

& Dixon Steele: I was born when she kissed me. I died when she left me. I lived a few weeks while she loved me. You like it?

& Dixon Steele: A good love scene should be about something else besides love. For instance, this one. Me fixing grapefruit, you sitting over there dopey, half asleep. Anyone looking at us could tell we were in love.

& Dixon Steele: Uh, Effie wants us to get married. Says it’ll give her a chance to vacuum the apartment while we’re away.
    Laurel Gray: Isn’t there a simpler way?

--
++ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий