1 апр. 2013 г.

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

& Frodo: hey all say they’re coming. Except for the Sackville-Bagginses, who are demanding you ask them in person.
    Bilbo: Are they, indeed? Over my dead body.
    Frodo: They’d probably find that quite agreeable. They seem to think you have tunnels... overflowing with gold.
    Bilbo: It was one small chest! Hardly overflowing. And it still smells of Troll.

& Bilbo: In those days, I was always on time. I was entirely respectable. And nothing unexpected... ever happened.

& Bilbo: Good morning.
    Gandalf: What do you mean? Do you wish me a good morning... or do you mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not? Or perhaps you mean to say that you feel good on this particular morning? Or are you simply stating that this is a morning to be good on? Hm?
    Bilbo: ... All of them at once, I suppose.

& Bilbo: Can I help you?
    Gandalf: That remains to be seen.

& Gandalf: I’m looking for someone to share in an adventure.
    Bilbo: An adventure?.. Nasty, disturbing, uncomfortable things.

& Balin: Balin, at your service.
    Bilbo: Good evening.
    Balin: ... Yes. Yes, it is. Though I think it might rain later.

& Gandalf: What’s the matter?
    Bilbo: I’m surrounded by Dwarves! What are they doing here?
    Gandalf: Oh, they’re quite a merry gathering once you get used to them.

& Thorin: So... this is the Hobbit. Tell me, Mr. Baggins, have you done much fighting?
    Bilbo: Pardon me?
    Thorin: Ax or sword? What’s your weapon of choice?
    Bilbo: Well, I do have some skill at conkers, if you must know... but I fail to see why that’s relevant.

& Gandalf: f we are careful and clever, I believe that it can be done. That’s why we need a burglar. And a good one too.
    Bilbo: An expert, I’d imagine...
    Gloin: And are you?
    Bilbo: Am I what?
    Gloin: He said he’s an expert!

& Gandalf: ou asked me to find the 14th member of this company and I have chosen Mr. Baggins. There’s a lot more to him than appearances suggest. And he’s got a great deal more to offer than any of you know. Including himself. You must trust me on this.


& Thorin: Give him the contract.
    Balin: It’s just the usual. Summary of out-of-pocket expenses... time required, remuneration... funeral arrangements, so forth.
    Bilbo: Funeral arrangements?
    Balin: I cannot guarantee his safety.
    Bilbo: Understood.
    Balin: Nor will I be responsible for his fate.
    Bilbo: Agreed. “Terms: Cash on delivery, up to but not exceeding one-fourteenth of total profit, if any.” Hmm. Seems fair. “Present company shall not be liable for injuries inflicted by... or sustained as a consequence thereof, including, but not limited to incineration... evisceration...” Incineration?!
    Gloin: Aye. He’II melt the flesh off your bones in the blink of an eye. ... You all right, laddie?
    Bilbo: Huh? Yeah. Feel a bit faint.

& Gandalf: The world is not in your books and maps. It’s out there.

& Gandalf: ... And thus, the battle was won. And the game of golf invented at the same time.
    Bilbo: I do believe you made that up.
    Gandalf: Well, all good stories deserve embellishment. You’II have a tale or two to tell of your own when you come back.
    Bilbo: Can you promise that I will come back?
    Gandalf: No. And if you do... you will not be the same.

& Thorin: There are a few warriors amongst us. Old warriors. I would take each and every one of these Dwarves... over an army from the Iron Hills. For when I called upon them, they answered. Loyalty, honor... a willing heart. I can ask no more than that.

& Bilbo: No, wait, wait, stop. Stop! We have to turn around.
    Gandalf: What on earth is the matter?
    Bilbo: I forgot my handkerchief.

& Bilbo: Gandalf, where are you going?
    Gandalf: To seek the company of the only one around here who’s got any sense.
    Bilbo: And who’s that?
    Gandalf: Myself, Mr. Baggins. I’ve had enough of Dwarves for one day.

& Bert: Mutton yesterday, mutton today... and, blimey, if it don’t look like mutton again tomorrow.

& Bilbo: Where did you go to, if I may ask?
    Gandalf: To look ahead.
    Bilbo: What brought you back?
    Gandalf: Looking behind.

& Bilbo: I have never used a sword in my life.
    Gandalf: And I hope you never have to. But if you do, remember this: True courage is about knowing not when to take a life... but when to spare one.

& Gandalf: But Radagast has seen...
    Saruman: Radagast? Do not speak to me of Radagast the Brown. He’s a foolish fellow.
    Gandalf: Well, he’s odd, I grant you. He lives a solitary life.
    Saruman: It’s not that. It’s his excessive consumption of mushrooms. They’ve addled his brain and yellowed his teeth. I’ve warned him.

& Galadriel: Why Bilbo Baggins?
    Gandalf: Perhaps it is because I’m afraid... and he gives me courage.

& Thorin: Did I not say that you would be a burden? That you would not survive in the Wild? That you had no place amongst us?.. I have never been so wrong in all my life. But I’m sorry I doubted you.
    Bilbo: No, I would have doubted me too. I’m not a hero or a warrior. Not even a burglar.

& Bilbo: I do believe the worst is behind us...
Ω Bazinga!
--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий