2 апр. 2013 г.

Gosford Park

& Constance Trentham: Tell me, how much longer are you going to go on... making films?
    Ivor Novello: I suppose that rather depends on how much longer the public want to see me in them.
    Constance Trentham: Yes, it must be hard to know... when it’s time to throw in the towel. What a pity about that last one of yours. What-What was it called?.. The Dodger?
    Ivor Novello: The Lodger.
    Constance Trentham: The Lodger. And it must be so disappointing... when something just, you know, flops like that.
    Ivor Novello: Yes, it is... rather disappointing.

& Henry Denton: Why does this fork go on the right?
    Arthur: Because they eat the fish with two of them. One in each hand.
    Henry Denton: Why is that, then?
    Arthur: Search me.

& Constance Trentham: What shirt have you brought?
    Mary: Um, the green with the pink stripe.
    Constance Trentham: Oh, no, dear. No. That’s quite wrong. No, always something very plain for country sports... The one I had on today will do.
    Mary: But it’s soiled.
    Constance Trentham: Yeah, well, you can wash it, can’t you?

& Henry Denton: I’ll see you later. I’ve got a date with a hot glass of milk.

& Mary: You’d better keep your eye on him. I think he’s a queer one. He’s not from Scotland, for a start. At least not any part of it that I know.

& Sylvia McCordle: Oh, don’t worry about him. He’s just an American staying with us.


& Mabel Nesbitt: It’s terrible.
    Freddie Nesbitt: Oh, do stop sniveling. Anyone would think you were Italian! Christ.

& Mary: I would think Miss Isobel might stay in bed tomorrow.
    Constance Trentham: Unmarried girls don’t have breakfast trays. Not in this house.

& Elsie: Oh, you’re still here.
    Henry Denton: I thought that...
    Elsie: Yeah, well, appearances can be deceptive, can’t they?

& Henry Denton: Why does everyone treat me as if I were one of these stupid snobs? I spent half the week downstairs with all of you!
    Lottie: You can’t be on both teams at once, sir.

& Mrs. Wilson: What gift do you think a good servant has that separates them from the others? It’s the gift of anticipation. And I’m a good servant. I’m better than good. I’m the best. I’m the perfect servant. I know when they’ll be hungry and the food is ready. I know when they’ll be tired and the bed is turned down. I know it before they know it themselves.

& Mrs. Wilson: They can never touch him. That’s what’s important... his life.
    Mary: And your life?
    Mrs. Wilson: Didn’t you hear me? I’m the perfect servant. I have no life.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий