28 апр. 2013 г.

Mark of the Brotherhood

Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Season 1 Episode 8

& Doctore: With respect Dominus, your coin far exceeds their value.
    Batiatus: Fuck value! None can be placed on seeing that cock eater’s pride ground beneath my heel. Solonius, consider the whores! Perhaps you will have better fortune fighting women in the arena!

& Doctore: What is beneath your feet? .....
    Duro: Sand?
    Agron: Fucking idiot.
    Doctore: Spartacus.
    Spartacus: Sacred ground, Doctore! Watered with tears of blood!
    Doctore: Your tears. Your blood. Your pathetic lives, forged into something of worth... Listen. Learn. And perhaps, live. As gladiators.

& Ilithyia: I find myself growing quite fond of this sordid business of gladiators.
    Lucretia: Perhaps you should consider purchasing one of your own...
    Ilithyia: A gladiator? I could never!.. Could I?
    Batiatus: Choose a recruit, and he is yours, for a nominal fee, of course.

& Varro: Seems only yesterday we were of a similar position.
    Spartacus: Much has changed.
    Varro: You became the fucking Champion of Capua. Your myth to echo for a thousand years. And I...
    Spartacus: Became a good friend.

& Spartacus: Crixus! Let them eat.
    Crixus: They must embrace pain and suffering to become gladiators! This is how it is done.
    Spartacus: Not by you... Let them eat.


& Crixus: Spartacus... the kind and gentle one.
    Spartacus: Do not mistake me, Crixus. I give no shit about these men. But you are no longer the Champion of Capua. You do not take lead here. You follow.
    Crixus: ...... The man who follows is forever at your back. Something to consider, champion.

& Segovax: Much gratitude.
    Spartacus: Men should not die with empty stomachs.

& Batiatus: Crixus has no head for numbers. The sword is his only purpose.
    Lucretia: He’s part of the family, Quintus!
    Batiatus: He is a fucking slave! This house, this family, is a business, Lucretia. As much regret results from selling a gladiator like Crixus, when the time arrives, and it fucking will for them all, it’s a necessity that must be swallowed.

& Doctore: To step onto the sand as a gladiator is the highest position a slave can pray for. Prove yourselves. Earn the mark of the brotherhood.

& Spartacus: Defeat is delivered not only by the sword, but also the crowd. Fall from their grace, and you may never rise to former glories.

& Spartacus: A true gladiator is taught to embrace pain and suffering. To fight until life flees from his worthless body.

& Solonius: Are your ears receptive?
    Ashur: ... I cannot stop a free man from speech.

& Ashur: I am a villain. But I’m not your villain. Seek another slave.

& Segovax: Gratitude. For your aid in my training today. I would be eager to hear any advice, to further my cause.
    Spartacus: Your cause?
    Segovax: Victories in the arena, and freedom.
    Spartacus: Forsake any thoughts of freedom, and the life you once had beyond these walls. Accept your fate... Or be destroyed by specters of a past never to return.

& Lincinia: What of you, Spartacus? Are you a blessing to us?
    Spartacus: To some. To others... a curse.

& Ilithyia: Do you know who I am, slave?
    Segovax: Apologies. I do not.
    Ilithyia: I am your Domina. My coin pays for your training. Water. Food. The very air you breathe. Survive to receive the mark, and you will become my gladiator... My champion.
    Segovax: Domina.

& Spartacus: She lives, Varro. She lives. You may yet hold her in your arms. A thought a decent man would cherish.

& Ilithyia: Spartacus yet lives.
    Lucretia: Yet.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий