25 апр. 2013 г.

Broken City

& Mayor Hostetler: You know, Billy, we take threats of terrorism very seriously around here. Even from good Catholic boys like you.

& Mayor Hostetler: You ever do any hunting?
    Billy: No.
    Mayor Hostetler: You should try it. You would be a natural. And you’d love the dogs. Women call men dogs. They mean it to suggest we’re somehow untrustworthy or disloyal. But a dog is anything but. And if men are dogs, what the goddamn hell does that make women?

& Mayor Hostetler: New Yorkers, they’ve elected drunks, crooks, Italians, homos, Jews and blacks to that seat. But they will not elect is some guy whose wife is fucking some other guy behind his back.

& Andrews: What do you do, then?
    Billy: I work sanitation.
    Andrews: You clean up pretty well for a garbage man.
    Billy: I’m doing it to impress a lady.
    Andrews: Ah, it’s always a lady.

& Billy: I did it to keep a woman.
    Cathleen Hostetler: Then you do believe in love.
    Billy: I believe in loving the one you’re with.
    Cathleen Hostetler: What are you, stupid or Catholic?
    Billy: ... Both.


& Cathleen Hostetler: He’s a dangerous man, Billy.
    Billy: No. He only knows people that kill people.

& Billy: I bet you’re the one with two fucking faces.
    Fairbanks: What, Gemini? Close, Billy. I’m the bull. What about you?
    Billy: Cancer.

& Billy: Manual windows?
    Katy: Yeah.
    Billy: That’s how you got those masculine forearms.
    Katy: Where do you think, from stroking your ego?
    Billy: Big booty, good. Big forearms, no good.

& Mayor Hostetler: So how did Fitzgerald say it?.. “To the orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us.” Cheers. I don’t even know what that means.
    Billy: Me neither.

& Mayor Hostetler: There’s something that your average citizen... just wouldn’t understand. But I do. You see, we take because we can. We take because it feels good. The only difference between you and I is that you’ve gone and done it on videotape.

& Mayor Hostetler: Do you really think a jury of my peers in New York City will convict me?
    Fairbanks: I’m just the handcuffs guy.

& Mayor Hostetler: Don’t wait up, dear.
    Cathleen Hostetler: Have I ever?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Weak & frustrating.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий