27 апр. 2013 г.

Jack Reacher

& Rodin: Who the hell is Jack Reacher?

& Helen: So why are you so hard to find?
    Reacher: I’m impossible to find.
    Helen: Why is that?
    Reacher: Well, you could say it started out as an exercise and became an addiction.

& Helen: Every murder suspect in this town is given a choice. Confess or face death. Against a D.A. who never loses. My firm has reason to believe more than one innocent man has gone down without a fight.
    Reacher: Oh, I get it. You’re an idealist.
    Helen: No. I’m a pacifist.

& Reacher: There are four types of people who join the military. For some, it’s a family trade. Others are patriots, eager to serve. Next, you have those who just need a job. Then there’s the kind who want a legal means of killing other people.

& Reacher: You’re asking me to look at a cold-blooded killer. A man I know to be guilty. A man you want to keep off death row. And you’re asking me to look at him objectively.
    Helen: Yes, that is what I’m asking.
    Reacher: I’ll do it... On one condition.
    Helen: Name it.
    Reacher: You have to look at the victims objectively.

& Emerson: So you were some real hot shit in the Army, huh?
    Reacher: I did all right.
    Emerson: So what does an Army cop do mostly? Break up bar fights?
    Reacher: I did what you do pretty much, with one minor difference.
    Emerson: What’s that?
    Reacher: Every suspect was a trained killer.


& Jeb: Hey. Outside.
    Reacher: Pay your cheque first.
    Jeb: I’ll pay later.
    Reacher: You won’t be able to.
    Jeb: You think?
    Reacher: All the time. You should try it.

& Reacher: It’s your last chance to walk away.
    Jeb: Are you kidding? It’s five against one.
    Reacher: It’s three against one.
    Jeb: How do you figure?
    Reacher: Well, once I take out the leader, which is you, I’ll have to contend with one or two enthusiastic wingmen. The last two guys... they always run.
    Jeb: You’ve done this before?
    Reacher: Yeah.

& Reacher: There are three things cops never do. They don’t vote Democrat, they don’t drive Cadillacs, and they never use personal vehicles.

& Reacher: Five innocent people...
    Helen: Murdered at random, yes.
    Reacher: You know how many people die in this country every year?.. Two and a half million. That means every day, roughly 7,000 average Americans wake up for the last time. Last Friday, five of them converged on a single spot and died together. Is that random?

& Sandy: Who are you, mister?
    Reacher: Really? I’m just a guy who wants to be left alone.

& Reacher: Look at the people. Now tell me which ones are free. Free from debt... Anxiety... Stress... Fear. Failure. Indignity. Betrayal. How many wish they were born knowing what they know now? Ask yourself how many would do things the same way all over again? And how many would live their lives like me?

& Reacher: You think I’m a hero? I am not a hero. I’m a drifter with nothing to lose. You killed that girl to put me in a frame. I mean to beat you to death and drink your blood from a boot. Now, this is how it’s going to work. You’re gonna give me the address and I’ll be along when I am damn good and ready. If she doesn’t answer the phone when I call this number, if I even think you’ve hurt her, I disappear. And if you’re smart, that scares you, because I’m in your blind spot and I have nothing better to do.

& Cash: He can cover both roads coming and going. And kill you just as soon as you stand up.
    Reacher: Well, can you take him out?
    Cash: What, to dinner you mean?

& Reacher: I was born in October. When I get to my birthday, I’m gonna pull the trigger. One. Two...

& Barr: You can’t protect me. No one can.
    Helen: From what? From who?
    Barr: There’s this guy. He’s a kind of cop. At least he used to be. He doesn’t care about the law. He doesn’t care about proof. He only cares about what’s right. He knows what I did. He knows where I am. And this guy, he made me a promise... If I ever got in trouble again, he’d be there.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий