18 апр. 2013 г.

Gangster Squad

& O’Mara: Every man carries a badge. Some symbol of his allegiance. His were the scars of a boxer who’d used his fists to climb the social ladder of the mob. A Jew who’d gained the respect of wops through a homicidal lust. He’d sworn an oath of violence. And his master? His own insatiable will to power. He wanted to own this town. His name is Mickey Cohen. On my badge... is the city of Los Angeles.

& O’Mara: Fighting the war had taught me... the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

& Sgt. Hendricks: O’Mara, for chrissakes, that’s Cohen’s place. Nobody goes in there. I don’t want any part of this.
    O’Mara: Go get an ice cream.

& Wooters: What happened to you this time?
    O’Mara: He resisted.
    Wooters: Oh, yeah? What happened to them?
    O’Mara: They resisted.
    Wooters: You’re working too hard.

& Connie O’Mara: I married an honest cop. You’re kind, you don’t talk too much, you’re a demon in the sack. But I don’t need a hero, sarge, I need a husband. So you do not have permission to go belly-flop on a grenade.

& O’Mara: I’m supposed to recruit a few guys for this new outfit.
    Connie: Oh, yeah? What kind of outfit?
    O’Mara: A small squad. Five, maybe six guys.
    Connie: What kind of outfit?
    O’Mara: We’re going after Mickey Cohen.


& Jack: He’s my friend, Grace. I’ve known him all my life. He’s a sheep in wolf’s clothing. He’s got a smart mouth... but he’s dumb where it counts.

& Dragna: You got all the prestige, the purse, the pussy any man could ask for... and you go and you poke Chicago in the eye. Why?
    Cohen: More. I want more, Jack.

& Cohen: I’m not gonna carry water for you anymore. You dumb kike. You’re old, you’re slow. I’ve outgrown you.
    Dragna: I might be getting old, I might be getting slow... but I got friends in Chicago that are neither...
    Cohen: This isn’t Chicago. This is the Wild fucking West! And I’ve been reading about it. You heard of Manifest Destiny? That’s when you take what you can when you can. The greasers took it from the redskins and we took it from them. And I’m gonna take it all from you, Jack, and not just because I can. But because this is my destiny. Los Angeles is my fucking destiny, you motherfucker.

& — You can’t shoot me. You’re a cop.
    Wooters: Not anymore.

& Harris: Bwana’s a Swahili word. Means “sir.” Got it?

& Kennard: Don’t shoot where it is, son. Shoot where it’s gonna be.

& Grace: I’m open to suggestions.
    Wooters: Don’t go.
    Grace: Don’t let me.

& Wooters: You sure we can pull this off?
    O’Mara: No.
    Wooters: Let’s do it then.

& Keeler: You know, I signed up for this... so that I could tell my boy that I at least tried to do something about it. But I hope he never finds out about all the things we’ve done.
    O’Mara: Con, we did what we had to do.
    Keeler: Can you remind me of the difference between us and them? Because at this point, I can’t tell anymore.

& Wooters: You’re a good man, John. You might even be a fucking angel. Either way you’re a hero.
    O’Mara: You lose everything and you win the war... you’re a hero. You lose everything and you lose the war... you’re just a fool.

& Cohen: I like having only one fork. You never make the wrong decision.

& Cohen: Here comes Santy Claus.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Stylish.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий