24 апр. 2013 г.

To Have and to Hold

Mad Men 6×4

& Stan: There’s nothing in here.
    Don: ’Cause you’re gonna fill it with work. If you don’t fall asleep...
    Stan: Mmm. I’m telling you, it clears the cobwebs.

& Don: I think a hot dog and a hamburger are too similar. Plus, a hot dog cries out for mustard.
    Stan: No, I think a hot dog cries out for ketchup. A squiggly line.

& Megan: I’m gonna have a series of love scenes. ... Should I have hidden it from you?
    Don: I don’t know, Megan. I need to think about it.
    Megan: Look, I know I wouldn’t like it, but I’d look on the bright side.
    Don: Okay, I guess if I wasn’t your husband, I would be happy for you. It does mean they like you.
    Megan: Do you like me?
    Don: Honey, I can tolerate this, but I can’t encourage it.
    Megan: You’re perfect!

& Crane: Well, it’s this simple... Scarlett works for me and Joan tried to fire her.
    Joan: She left work early and had Dawn punch her time card. It’s pay for a minimum of five hours of work that she didn’t do that we are paying for.
    Crane: Well, it’s either me or her.
    Pete: Joan?
    Crane: Scarlett.
    Cooper: I think you mean, “If she goes, I go.”

& Crane: The next time this group is called to order, I expect to be sitting at this table!


& Pete: Joan, I don’t want to put myself in the same camp as Harry, but I might remind you and everyone the Commission on Human Rights is continuing to investigate our industry regarding the employment of Negroes...

& — You can’t say no ’cause you’re too scared. All they see is, “Yes, sir.”
    Dawn: Everybody’s scared there. Women crying in the ladies’ room. Men crying in the elevator. It sounds like New Year’s Eve when they empty the garbage, there are so many bottles... And I told you about that poor man hanging himself in his office.

& Mel: Why don’t you let me get the check? We go back to our pad, smoke some grass, and... see what happens.
    Megan: Sounds like fun.
    Don: I don’t know. It’s late.
    Arlene: It’s not. Look, if you don’t smoke grass, that’s fine. It’s not everything we had in mind.
    Don: I’m not sure if I understand.
    Arlene: We like Megan... And we like you. And we’d like... to be friends.

& Roger: This is a check for $23,500. That’s the full commission on “Broadway Joe.”
    Crane: Well, thank you. That’s a lot of money. So, anything else to say?
    Cooper: I’m puzzled. What do you make a year, Mr. Crane?
    Crane: 22. So what about the partnership?

& Crane: Bert, you know how important I am to this company. You were me!
    Cooper: I was different than you, Mr. Crane, in every way.
    Roger: So you don’t want the money?
    Crane: No, I’ve earned the money. But I’ve also earned a partnership. I really hope some other firm doesn’t figure that out first.
    Cooper: ... That was the most impressive thing he’s done.
    Roger: Should we fire him before he cashes that check?

& Joan: It’s not what you think.
    Kate: You’re an executive.
    Joan: It’s a title.
    Kate: And money.
    Joan: I’ve been working there for 15 years and they still treat me like a secretary.
    Kate: What’s it have to do with them? You’re there, Joan. And from where I’m sitting, it’s damn impressive. I don’t care how they make you feel, it’s right in front of you for the taking.

& Timmy-Ketchup: It feels like half an ad.
    Don: The greatest thing you have working for you is not the photo you take or the picture you paint. It’s the imagination of the consumer. They have no budget. They have no time limit. And if you can get into that space, your ad can run all day.

& Peggy: I always say... if you don’t like what they’re saying, change the conversation.

& Peggy: “Heinz. The only ketchup.” Imagine this 40 feet tall in Times Square. Ketchup versus catsup... end of conversation.

& Joan: This is the key to the supply closet and this is the key to the time cards. You will be responsible for monitoring both.
    Dawn: What?.. Okay. Thank you.
    Joan: Don’t thank me. You don’t understand that this is punishment.
    Dawn: Well, I don’t care if everybody hates me here as long as you don’t.
    Joan: We’ll see...

& Megan: What are you doing here?
    Don: Because you didn’t want me to see that?
    Megan: No, and I don’t understand why you’d do that to yourself.
    Don: It’s a hell of a lot better than letting my imagination run wild.

& Megan: This is my job. No, my career!
    Don: You kiss people for money. You know who does that?

& Don: So what do you do when I leave here? Get on your knees and pray for absolution?
    Sylvia: I pray for you.
    Don: For me to come back?
    Sylvia: No. For you to find peace.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий