11 апр. 2013 г.

Les Misérables

& Jean Valjean:
    Look down, look down.
    Don’t look them in the eye.
    You’re here until you die.
    No God above.
    And hell alone below.
    Look down, look down.
    Here for dust!
    Look down, look down.
    You’ll always be a slave.
    Look down, look down.
    You’re standing in your grave.


& Fantine:
    There was a time: then it all went wrong.
    I dreamed a dream in time gone by,
    when hope was high and life worth living.
    I dreamed that love would never die.
    I dreamed that God would be forgiving.
    Then I was young and unafraid.
    And dreams were made and used and wasted.
    There was no ransom to be paid,
    no song unsung, no wine untasted.
    But the tigers come at night.
    With their voices soft as thunder.
    As they tear your hope apart.
    As they turn your dream to shame.


& Fantine:
    I had a dream my life would be.
    So different from this hell I’m living...
    so different now from what it seemed!
    Now... life... has killed... the dream...
    I dreamed.


& Javert:
    Tell me quickly what’s the story.
    Who saw what and why and where?
    Let him give a full description,
    let him answer to Javert!


& Jean Valjean:
    If I speak... I am condemned.
    If I stay silent... I am damned!



& Gavroche:
    There was a time we killed the king.
    We tried to change the world too fast.
    Now we have got another king,
    he is no better than the last.
    This is the land that fought for liberty...
    now when we fight we fight for bread!
    Here is the thing about equality...
    everyone’s equal when they’re dead.
    Take your place! Take your chance!
    Vive la France! Vive la France!


& Jean Valjean:
    There are words.
    That are better unheard, better unsaid.


& Enjolras:
    Raise the flag of freedom high!
    Every man will be a king!
    Every man will be a king!
    There’s a new world for the winning!
    There’s a new world to be won!


& Marius:
    Had you seen her today you might know how it feels.
    To be struck to the bone in a moment of breathless delight!
    Had you been there today you might also have known.
    How your world may be changed in just one burst of light.
    And what was right seems wrong and what was wrong seems right!
    Red! I feel my soul on fire!
    Black! My world if she’s not there!
    Red! The color of desire!
    Black! The color of despair!


& Enjolras:
    Red, the blood of angry men!
    Black, the dark of ages past!
    Red, a world about to dawn!
    Black, the night that ends at last!


& Grenadier: Who’s there?
    Enjolras: French revolution!
    Grenadier: Fire!

& Fantine:
    Take my hand.
    I’ll lead you to salvation.
    Take my love.
    For love is everlasting...
    and remember.
    The truth that once was spoken...
    To love another person is to see the face... of God.


&
Do you hear the people sing.
    Lost in the valley of the night?
    It is the music of a people
    who are climbing to the light.
    For the wretched of the earth
    there is a flame that never dies.
    Even the darkest night will
    end and the sun will rise.
    We will live again in freedom
    in the garden of the Lord.
    We will walk behind the ploughshare
    we will put away the sword.
    The chain will be broken and all
    men will have their reward!
    Will you join in our crusade?
    Who will be strong and stand with me?
    Somewhere beyond the barricade
    is there a world you long to see?
    Do you hear the people sing? Say,
    do you hear the distant drums?
    This is the future that we
    bring when tomorrow comes!


& Tomorrow comes!

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtrack — that's it.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий