1 июл. 2023 г.

That's Got His Own

The Wire 4×12


Sgt. Jay Landsman: You going inside this one?
Det. Lester Freamon: I'll do the whole block.
Sgt. Jay Landsman: It's bad enough you popped the top off one house and gave us a body. What the fuck do you think you're doing now?
Det. Lester Freamon: An experiment.
Sgt. Jay Landsman: An experiment? Fuck me. I'm dealing with Madam Curie here.

Det. Lester Freamon: Sometimes life just gives you a moment, huh?
Sgt. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: He was gonna do me, and instead he gets done? I'm dipped in shit here. I'm the luckiest motherfucker you know.

Reginald 'Bubbles' Cousins: How much I need?
Mechanic: It ain't gonna take much. A vial of that shit'd kill every horse here.
Reginald 'Bubbles' Cousins: That's all there is to it?
Mechanic: It ain't no thing to kill a nigger who's already about the business of killing himself. And the police, they ain't gonna pay no mind. You the one got to live with it.

Assistant Principal Marcia Donnelly: You and your wife, you don't have children, do you?
Roland 'Prez' Pryzbylewski: Not yet, no.
Assistant Principal Marcia Donnelly: Well, have some. They're yours for life. The kids in this school aren't yours. You do your piece with them, and you let them go. Because there'll be plenty more coming up behind Duquan, and they're gonna need your help too.

Deputy Commissioner for Operations William A. Rawls: Colonel, I see you've thought this through, politically, I mean.
Col. Cedric Daniels: I'm learning as I go.
Deputy Commissioner for Operations William A. Rawls: I bet you fuckin' are...

Det. Lester Freamon: I'm police, right? Murder police, and I got bodies. I'm just supposed to let them lie? "We don't throw red up on that board voluntarily." That John-Goodman-off-his-diet-looking motherfucker was clear on that.
Off. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: So go over Landsman's head.
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: Jimmy, that's you. Send an anonymous fax. But Lester here don't fancy boats. And I get sick just filling the bathtub. It's just wrong.

Det. Lester Freamon: Ooh. World is on its hole when Jimmy McNulty is the most qualified to drive.
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: Yeah, up is down, black is white... left is right.

Norman Wilson: Take the money. We need it.
Mayor Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: ...
Council President Nerese Campbell: Don't look at me. If you take it, you're selling out the teachers, and that's my base. If you don't, you're selling out the kids. Either way, I'll rip you, and half the council will too. Just glad I'm not the mayor.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий