4 июл. 2023 г.

Final Grades

The Wire 4×13


Sgt. Jay Landsman: All that from overnight?
Det. Michael Crutchfield: All that from Freamon. He's out early today rooting through empties.
Sgt. Jay Landsman: You know what he is? He is a vandal. He is vandalizing the board. He is vandalizing this unit. He is a Hun, a Visigoth, a barbarian at the gate, clamoring for noble Roman blood and what's left of our clearance rate... And you sit here doing what exactly?

Commissioner Ervin H. Burrell: You made your move too soon.
Deputy Commissioner for Operations William A. Rawls: I did.
Commissioner Ervin H. Burrell: Politics doesn't suit you. Stick to operations. And don't you ever cross me like that again.

Sgt. Jay Landsman: The shot wasn't for the kid. Let's throw this one back. This sad-ass motherfucker's carrying more weight than we'll ever put on him.
Det. Michael Crutchfield: What about the clearance?
Sgt. Jay Landsman: Fuck the clearance.

Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: Need your help. Get dressed.
Sgt. Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: I'm suspended with pay, pending a full trial board. Can't do nothing for no one, Kima.
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: Fuck what they say. This here's police work, and I'm asking if you police.

Off. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Christ. That's a lot of red names... It's your first red ball.
A.S.A. Rhonda Pearlman: Yeah. I thought I'd get a nice quiet domestic or two to start me off. We got national press on this already.
Off. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: You'll be fine, Ronnie. Just don't let any of these guys see you sweating.

Preston 'Bodie' Broadus: I feel old. I been out there since I was 13. I ain't never fucked up a count, never stole off a package, never did some shit that I wasn't told to do. I've been straight up. But what come back?... You think if I get jammed up on some shit, they'd be like, "Yeah. Bodie been there. Bodie hang tough. We got his pay lawyer. We got a bail." They want me to stand with them, right? But where the fuck they at when they supposed to be standing by us?... When shit goes bad and there's hell to pay, where they at? This game is rigged, man. We like the little bitches on a chessboard.
Off. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Pawns.
Preston 'Bodie' Broadus: Yo, I'm not snitching on none of my boys. Not my corner, and not no Barksdale people, or what's left of them. But Marlo, this nigger and his kind, man, they gotta fall. They gotta.
Off. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Well, for that to happen, somebody's gotta step up...
Preston 'Bodie' Broadus: I'll do what I gotta. I don't give a fuck. Just don't ask me to live on my fucking knees, you know?
Off. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: ... You're a soldier, Bodie.
Preston 'Bodie' Broadus: Hell, yeah.

Howard 'Bunny' Colvin: Seems like every time I open my mouth in this town, I'm telling people something they don't wanna know.
David Parenti: It's not you. It's the process.
Howard 'Bunny' Colvin: The process?
David Parenti: We're gonna get the grant. We study the problem, we propose solutions. If they listen, they listen. If they don't, it still makes for great research. What we publish on this is gonna get a lot of attention.
Howard 'Bunny' Colvin: From who?
David Parenti: From other researchers, academics...
Howard 'Bunny' Colvin: Academics? What, they gonna study your study? When do this shit change?

Off. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Maybe I'd be different, you know?
Off. Beatrice 'Beadie' Russell: Different?
Off. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Yeah, no more of the... drinking and the whoring and all that. All that anger. 'Cause I'm better now here with you. No more playing "Jimmy Bust Balls" with the world.

Roland 'Prez' Pryzbylewski: How in the hell do we kick up percentages in math and reading both?
Grace Sampson: You believe the numbers?
Roland 'Prez' Pryzbylewski: 38% proficient. 8% advanced... What?
Grace Sampson: "Proficient" means they're at least two grades below their level. "Advanced" can mean they're at grade level or a year below. They score 'em like that, and... they say we're making progress.
Roland 'Prez' Pryzbylewski: OK. I'm still learning.
Grace Sampson: Nah, you're gonna be fine.

Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: How you happen to pick this place for us to stage?
Col. Cedric Daniels: Lemel? They closed it a few years back, and I knew it was near a lot of our crime scenes. I went to school here back in the day. Got a decent education, now that I think on it.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий