29 июл. 2023 г.

Demon 79

Black Mirror 6×5


Vicky: Everyone needs shoes, Nida. How about doing your job?

Mr. Duncan: So, Nida, it's nothing major, but I understand you're in the habit of eating your lunch in the stockroom.
Nida: Oh...
Mr. Duncan: It's fine. Everybody does it. We don't mind. But it's... it's what you're eating. You see, most people's food, um, normal food, it doesn't tend to linger afterwards. It's not really fair on your coworkers, and there is a chance it could... well, it could get into the shoe leather. So, if you must eat in there, maybe just bring in a sandwich. Like a cheese and ham sandwich. Or just a cheese sandwich, if you're one of those that doesn't do ham. Of course, I'm sorry to have to ask...

Gaap: So, as I was saying, you anointed the talisman, and the rules are you've gotta carry out three human sacrifices over the next three days or else the world's gonna end.
Nida: What?

Gaap: Like I said, we have got to work together. It's blood and bone. You marked the talisman. I don't make the rules. I mean, basically, we need to deliver three sacrifices by Maymass... Uh, that's May Day to you. Or else it's... Well, it's burning skies time.

Gaap: All we have to do is deliver three sacrifices in three days. It's only three killings. Like I said, animals don't count. You have to do humans. And there's gotta be a cadence to it. One a day.

Nida: I'm not a bad person.
Gaap: Oh no. No. It wouldn't work if you were. It has to be someone corruptible. So, I mean, if you think about it, what's happening here, it actually reflects really well on your character.

Gaap: I know. I get it. You don't want the blood of three victims on your hands, but if it saves billions...

Gaap: Yes! That's you. You're a basher.

Gaap: Uh, it is 11:54, six minutes left, since you asked, so...

Gaap: If I fail my initiation...
Nida: Kicked out of demon school? Boo-hoo.
Gaap: More like cast out.
Nida: Whatever.
Gaap: Cast out into a boundless, cosmic void. And doomed to spend eternity in a vacuum of infinite nothingness. Absence of matter, of time, of space, light, and sound. I would endure a profound, palpable, and ever-present lack of existence, alone in perpetuity, forever more.
Nida: Sounds like my life.

Nida: He's fucking Satan.
Gaap: No, he's not one of ours, not literally. I mean, they do like him. They're fans of his work, you might say.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий