14 июл. 2023 г.

Marlowe (2022)

Clare Quincannon: How private exactly are your investigations, Mr. Marlowe?

Clare Quincannon: You're very perceptive and sensitive, Mr. Marlowe. I imagine it gives you trouble...

Philip Marlowe: That's the last thing you want in homicide, I realize, homicide.

Floyd Hanson: Goodbye, Mr. Marlowe. I'm sorry that it was ultimately uninteresting to talk to you... Ah, but I do like this thing that you have about not being afraid, when you should be.

Dorothy Quincannon: First of all, you have to boil the water, now is that water boiled?.. And then scald the teapot. Give it a good scalding... Put in one teaspoon per cup, then one for the pot and then leave it to draw for three minutes. Think of a soft boiled egg, darling, three minutes, no more, no less and then you're ready to pour, have you got that?... When you make tea, make tea. When you make water, make water.
Philip Marlowe: I... I don't think he got it.
Dorothy Quincannon: Did you?
Philip Marlowe: You lifted it from Joyce, ma'am.
Dorothy Quincannon: Uh-ho, and he lifted it from somewhere else, shitty little man that he is. Never a day's work in his life.
Philip Marlowe: Yeah, apart from the books.
Dorothy Quincannon: Terrible little syphilitic. Tricked an American, sometimes that's all you have to do.
Philip Marlowe: Is that what you did?
Dorothy Quincannon: I've tricked any number of Americans, including playing pagan princesses, Elizabeth of England, ruined widows and any number of flash-eyed barefoot peasant girls. There's nothing to it, all you need are regular features and the ability to read.
Philip Marlowe: Oh, I very much doubt that.

Dorothy Quincannon: The key to Hollywood, Mr. Marlowe, is knowing when your game is up. Take the money and run, or stay, if you want. But at least take the money.

Lou Hendricks: I think you'll keep looking for Peterson, client or not, because you can't stop.

Joe Green: There are certain things I'm just not gonna hear.

Philip Marlowe: They took my .38.
Det. Joe Green: Yeah. There's your .38, if someone gets killed with your .38, you still have a .38. If they ever make us record serial numbers, it'll be fucked.

Philip Marlowe: Just really look for her, I lost her.
Det. Bernie Ohls: When you're getting to be an old timer, it's okay to get out alive.

Cedric: Mr. Hendricks... that's not fair.
Lou Hendricks: As the progeny of sharecroppers, Cedric, you should know life isn't fair!
Cedric: You're right... Life isn't fair.

Cedric: ...we should stick together. I'll be your driver for the moment.
Philip Marlowe: Cedric, I have my own wheels.
Cedric: Of course you do... but consider the parking.

Clare Quincannon: You see, Mr. Marlowe... her lover dumped her. ... So she's playing the only role left for her to play. The femme fatale. Her very own Medea.
Dorothy Quincannon: Oh, well! It's a role that awaits us all, my dear.

Philip Marlowe: Are you okay?
Clare Quincannon: I don't care that I'm less than you think I am. I'm always less than people think I am. You're one of those people who's just lucky to be more than we think you are.

Cedric: A car is more than a vehicle Mr. Hendricks used to tell me. It's a sealed confessional. A repository of secrets. And this city, devoted as it is to the internal combustion engine is a city of motorized secrets.

Clare Quincannon: We all have our secrets, Mr. Marlowe. Leading men with their little peccadilloes. Leading ladies who can't function without their Mexican tinctures. We all need someone to keep us in line.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий