24 июл. 2023 г.

Rough Diamonds 1×2

David Fogel: I'm sorry to be the one saying this, but it's time for you to face reality. Wolfson Diamonds is over. For your own sake, shut down the company, liquidate your assets and end this with dignity.

David Fogel: I'm not trying to hurt you, Eli. It's the honorable thing to do in your situation. But if you don't pay me in two weeks... you will never be able to show your face in the street again.

Eli Wolfson: No. We cannot be the generation who lost everything.
Adina Glazer: Aren't we already?

Noah Wolfson: The gojim were good teachers to me: When someone fucks you over, you handle it with a stick.
Eli Wolfson: Here we use a different kinds of sticks.

Jo Smets: These are rough diamonds. Uncut. They must have come from some broker in the Diamond District.
Nicole Van Goethem: Jo, come on, please listen.
Maarten Prinsen: I don't need the attorney general breathing down my neck. Saying the mayor has called to express some concerns about whether we've hurt Diamond District relations. You have to find criminals, drug dealers. Keep the fuck out of the Diamond District.

Noah Wolfson: But you two were a good fit.
Gila Wolfson: Good fit? I was 20, Noah. My fiancé abandoned me and his younger brother came to fill his place. How do you think that made him feel? We were too confused and hurt to be open with each other.
Noah Wolfson: Did you love him?
Gila Wolfson: ... I gave it my best.

Eli Wolfson: It's a matter of life and death, Weiss. My family went through enough already.
Weiss: If he's already made up his mind, there's nothing to be done.
Eli Wolfson: Yeah, but he listens to you. You've been friends for a long time.
Weiss: Friendship is friendship, and business is business.
Eli Wolfson: Not in diamonds.

Tommy McCabe: Am I Jewish?
Noah Wolfson: Uh, not really.
Tommy McCabe: How come you're Jewish and I'm not?
Noah Wolfson: Well, it's complicated. Uhm... The rules go by the mother. But you shouldn't worry about it. It doesn't matter.
Tommy McCabe: So I'm half and half?
Noah Wolfson: I guess.
Tommy McCabe: Cool.

Alfred Smets: I'm pretty familiar with those fucks. They'd never get involved in that shit.
Jo Smets: Dad, the days where you polished diamonds in the backyard are over and done with. It's different now.
Alfred Smets: Jews are the same always. They're not exactly big fans of paying taxes, but never drugs. No way. They're upright. Strong morals.
Jo Smets: They fucked you over in those days, Dad. They paid you like a pauper, and when they had their own polishing ring, it's like you never existed.
Alfred Smets: We got paid rather well. I earned more in a weekend than in a month of farmwork.
Jo Smets: What? Peanuts. Compared to what they were pulling in?

Alfred Smets: I hope for your sake the ones behind it aren't Jews.
Jo Smets: What for?
Alfred Smets: Because Jews are not snitches. Because their morals are strong. Ha! They don't talk to the authorities. They have their own systems in place.
Jo Smets: Well, Dad, maybe that's true, but we do too.
Alfred Smets: Oh, yeah? But their systems are much older than yours.

Noah Wolfson: This is her husband, Shmulik... He's not allowed to touch a woman.

Sarah Wolfson: Diamonds are not just about money. It is in our blood. It's what holds us together. Even through the worst of times. If we want to break the business apart, we'll have a different set of problems to face.


On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий