27 июл. 2023 г.

React Quotes

The Wire 5×5


Spiros 'Vondas' Vondopoulos: In business, in life, what you learn to appreciate the most is a dependable man.

Marlo Stanfield: Do it feel like a crown on your head right now?
Chris Partlow: Do it?
Marlo Stanfield: 'Cause that's what I'm wearin' on my head.

Scott Templeton: What's left for me to do?
City Editor Augustus 'Gus' Haynes: You can go and, er... talk to the homeless.
Scott Templeton: React quotes from the homeless?
City Editor Augustus 'Gus' Haynes: Just 'cause they're in the streets doesn't mean that they lack opinions.
Scott Templeton: Where am I gonna find homeless people?
City Editor Augustus 'Gus' Haynes: Not at home, I imagine.

Dennis 'Cutty' Wise: I guess what I'm tryin' to say is... not everything come down to how you carry it in the street. I mean, it do come down to that if you gonna be in the street. But that ain't the only way to be. ... World is bigger than that, at least, that's what they tell me.
Duquan 'Dukie' Weems: Like... how do you get from here to the rest of the world?
Dennis 'Cutty' Wise: I wish I knew.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Read it and weep.
Sgt. Jay Landsman: I already did. So did the major. So did the colonel. So did our newly christened deputy ops. ... Just 'cause you got some fuckin' reporter to buy your weak shit does not mean everyone else buys it.

Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Every day you look more like a boss.
Sgt. Ellis Carver: Fuck you.
Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: I didn't mean it like a bad thing.
Sgt. Ellis Carver: Yeah, you did.
Thomas 'Herc' Hauk: Yeah, I did.

Michael Lee: You think if you start carryin' ain't nobody gonna try you? Nah. Somebody's always gonna try you. An' if they know that you carryin' they gonna make you come out with it. An' once you come out with it, you gotta be ready to go all the way. You can't bring it out unless you willin' to use it. Can't be no doubt.

State Sen. R. Clayton 'Clay' Davis: I wish I could tell you it's a shock, but it seems to happen in every city where we get us a place inside the power structure and we become targets... I'm not saying it's a black-white thing. The State's Attorney, Mr. Bond, he's black. But if it serves his purpose - gets his name in the news, ups his profile - he'll do whatever the folks pulling the strings want. Whether it be character assassination, tie the noose in the rope, whatever. But they picked the wrong man this time... I don't run from a fight. The people know... I'm talkin' 'bout the people now. The people know what I've done for West Baltimore and this city. They know the battles I fight in Annapolis every day. They know these charges ain't nothing but BS.

State Sen. R. Clayton 'Clay' Davis: I gotta hold my tongue, I know. I don't want nobody pullin' y'all's broadcasting license, so I can't say it like I feel it. But I wanted to come here on your show tonight - and thank you so much for the opportunity, my brother - but I wanted your listeners to be the first to hear it from my mouth. I have committed no crime, and I am gonna keep on doing the people's work without breaking stride.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий