8 июл. 2023 г.

Susan

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 5×4


Frank: We need a favor...

Frank: Susie, this is me asking you for a favor. You understand "favor"?
Susie: Yeah, I understand "favor."
Frank: See, in a relationship like ours, based partly on mutual respect and partly on the fact that I did a lot of fucking favors for you... The office...
Nicky: The furniture.
Frank: ...the not killing you that time.
Susie: That was a good favor.
Frank: But, see, this, when we come to you, hat in hand, asking for a favor, this is how you reciprocate. This is how payback works.
Susie: So, I do this, it's payback?
Frank: It is, and very nice of you.
Susie: And this counts as payback.
Frank: Definitely counts.

Susie: Can you stop your brain for one second and take in all the information before you speak?

Midge: And what is this thing, again?
Susie: Oh, the thing I saw was cute. Oh, they had tulips dancing around. Girly shit. You love girly shit.
Midge: And what about my day job?
Susie: Tell 'em you're sick. Lady troubles.
Midge: I am not telling them I have lady troubles.
Susie: It's a great excuse. It could mean anything, and I can guarantee you not one guy is gonna ask you to clarify.

Susie: So, uh, tits up, if you got tits in there.

Midge: People think happiness is such a difficult thing to attain, when in reality it all comes down to the little things in life: family, friends, smiles and private demolition and waste management. The truth is right in front of your face, or on the sole of your shoe.

Gabe: But seriously, Abe, you liked this play tonight?
Abe: I did. I thought his contemplation on God and religion, the parallels between marriage and death and madness... Though a little heavy-handed... Was extremely thoughtful.
Rose: My goodness. When did all of that happen?
Abe: That's what the play was about.
Rose: Really? I thought it was about a little boy who loses his dog. ...
Abe: No, that was just a device he used to talk about the man's confusion with his sexuality and his tortured relationship with Jesus.
Rose: When did they mention Jesus?
Abe: They didn't have to mention it. Jesus was all over the place... His wife's name was Mary. He wore sandals, the wine...

Abe: That wasn't what the play was about at all, Rose. But I agree with you about the dog.
Rose: They never mention Jesus or his confusion with his sexuality.
Abe: They don't have to mention it.
Rose: Well, it would certainly help. Anyhow, that's not the play I saw.
Abe: Art is there for your interpretation, Rose.
Rose: No, it's not. You don't just decide the story is whatever you want it to be.
Abe: I didn't decide anything.
Rose: I watched a boy and his dog who died.
Abe: But it wasn't about that.
Rose: How do you know?
Abe: I am a theater critic. I'm paid to know. It's fine if you didn't get it. It's not Guys and Dolls...

Rose: Is it possible, Abe, that you're wrong? That the play tonight was not actually a deep meditation on Jesus and latent homosexuality but instead a sweet, simple play about a boy who lost his dog?
Abe: No.
Rose: It's not possible? Under any circumstances?
Abe: No, Rose, and I don't know why you're getting so upset over this.
Rose: Because you're calling me an idiot.
Abe: I am not calling you an idiot. I simply said you don't understand the play, at all. That's fine.
Rose: Because I'm an idiot.
Gabe: Retreat, retreat, retreat.
Abe: Rose, just because you can't grasp a complex thematic piece like this is not some reflection on your intelligence. I don't understand anything that you do. Does that make me an idiot?

Midge: I just had a bad day, that's all.
Joel: Why? Problems at work?
Midge: Well...
Esther: Ah! Too much talking!
Midge: Boy, are you in the wrong family, kid.

Midge: Just... some days are harder than others, you know?

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий