26 июл. 2023 г.

Old Acquaintances

The Walking Dead: Dead City 1×1


Maggie: Sorry, thought you were better on your feet.
Negan: Good to see you, too.

Negan: Ginny, this here is Maggie. See, Maggie and I are... old acquaintances.

Negan: So, you are either here not to kill me, or you have gotten seriously rusty.

Maggie: I tracked them all the way up the Hudson, by then they'd already made it across.
Negan: Across to what?
Maggie: Manhattan.

Negan: Let's just say there were a lot of psychos in my crew back then. But [Croat] always stood out as being an exceptionally insane son of a bitch.

Negan: All right, tell me this. Why would I help you?
Maggie: Because you owe me...
Negan: Because I owe you, right.

Pearlie: The reason it's crucial we find this man is because he's murdered a magistrate in cold blood, along with four others. Which means under Code 14, Section 2 of New Babylon law, he'll be executed. But not just executed. Nothing so magnanimous as a hanging or beheading, no. For what this man has done, he'll be dangled upside down and sawed in half lengthwise from the groin to the head very, very slowly.

Pearlie: This is a man who's built up an empire like a greedy king. Story goes, he once lined up a group of unarmed folks and he bashed in a man's head with a baseball bat in front of the man's pregnant wife.

Pearlie: Tranquillitas ordinis. Tranquility, order, justice, the law. That's what keeps our Federation of States at peace. Safe, stable.

Pearlie: See. That's all you needed to say. The truth. And yet, Code 14, Section 8... Aiding and abetting.

Negan: All right, so how's this whole operation supposed to lay out? I mean, besides the part where I charm my old pal into giving you your kid back?
Maggie: I got a plan.
Negan: Ah, top secret, huh? I am on a need-to-know basis, I guess. That's cool, you don't trust me. Hell, I wouldn't trust me either.

Jano: So what's the deal with Manhattan? What's so special about it?
Pearlie: Manhattan was one of the epicenters. Military destroyed all the bridges and tunnels, hoping to contain it, hoping to contain them. Once home to a million and a half people. Now...

Negan: What I don't get is after all these years, you still think I'm the bad guy? I'm not. No one is. Or you know what, Maggie? Maybe everyone is... Ask yourself one question. How many husbands and fathers have you killed?

Negan: Seriously, walkers are falling from the sky now?

Negan: Nope!

The Croat: Twenty stories! New record, no? And yet...


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий