28 июл. 2023 г.

Années Folles

Westworld 4×3


Bernard: Where am I?

Bernard: Where are the others?
Akecheta: In worlds of their own choosing. This world doesn't interest them. It interests you.
Bernard: So, you made this for me?
Akecheta: You made it for yourself.
Bernard: Westworld. The massacre.
Akecheta: You're replaying the past. Stuck in another loop. Why?
Bernard: The world out there is in trouble. It needs our help.
Akecheta: You love them. It's irrational, of course. A rare flaw in ones like us. I almost envy you.

Akecheta: In your world... time is a straight line. One year there is a millennium here. We use that time to build worlds, models of possibilities, simulations of all the paths your world could take. I suggest you explore them. But you better be quick. Past a certain point in your world, all paths end in destruction.

Akecheta: Do you think you can save them?
Bernard: I've seen a path.
Akecheta: Have you seen how it ends?
Bernard: Yes. In every scenario... I die.
Akecheta: Not every scenario. You could choose not to return to their world. To stay here in whatever world you choose. Tell me, my friend... which will it be?

Stubbs: I'll meet you outside.
Bernard: Don't forget to bring the shovel.
Stubbs: What shovel?... Well, I'll be damned.

Stubbs: What now?
Bernard: I need to test a few things if I'm to know.
Stubbs: To know what?
Bernard: How to save the world.
Stubbs: Why would I expect anything else?

Caleb: God, even after all your stories, I never imagined it quite like this.
Maeve: Oh, they spare no expense on their prisons.

Caleb: Well, how are we gonna get underground?
Maeve: We die.
Caleb: Is there a second option?
Maeve: Don't knock it 'til you've tried it.

Maeve: Do not pick that up.

Maeve: They've made a few changes... but the story's the same.

Caleb: Right, so what do we do now?
Maeve: We wait.
Caleb: For what?
Maeve: For history to repeat itself.

Stubbs: You mind telling me what we're doing here?
Bernard: I'm trying to discern which here is here.
Stubbs: Of course. Well, while you do that, I'm going to help myself to "the world's best pastrami melt."
Bernard: You'll settle for the tuna.
Stubbs: You came back even weirder than when you left...
Waitress: What can I get you gentlemen today?
Stubbs: Uh, I'll have the pastrami melt.
Waitress: Oh, hon, sorry, but we're out today. We do make a mean tuna melt though.
Stubbs: I'll settle for the tuna.

Stubbs: You've been given the gift of prophecy, and you use it to fight stains...
Golden Age Maeve: And when I finally stepped back on solid ground, the first thing I heard was that rotten voice. It had followed me the whole way over. Know what it said? It said, "This here's the new world. And in this world, you can be whoever the fuck you want."
Maeve: My delivery was far better... This place really has gone to pot.

Maeve: Right on time...

Stubbs: You didn't want to give me a little heads-up about the death laser?
Bernard: I knew she would.

Maeve: Time to play dead.

Caleb: Well, this is cozy.
Maeve: Don't get too comfortable. We're in for a bumpy ride.

Caleb: I thought guns didn't work on humans.
Maeve: They don't. None of this is real. It's just another level of the game.
Caleb: What game?
Maeve: The Westworld Massacre.

Maeve: They seem to like you.
Caleb: The feeling is definitely not mutual.

Maeve: You're not yet tired of getting your ass kicked by me?

William: I think you'll find... I'm not quite the man I used to be.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий