14 апр. 2022 г.

Death on the Nile (2022)


Captain Rens: You were right! You are too sharp to be a farmer, Poirot.

Hercule Poirot: Katherine, you should go.
Katherine: Do you have any idea how love works? When you love someone, you love them through all their moods and changes over time. Their worst qualities peak at nuisance. Their flaws become freckles. And as it happens... I love you.
Hercule Poirot: What about this?
Katherine: ...... Come here. Simple. You'll grow a moustache.

Hercule Poirot: I do not want seven. I want only the six. I cannot have, uh, the uneven number... Ah, now we have the even number. This is good.

Bouc: Well, if you want to hide, come and hide with us. In Assouan. We're on a whirlwind tour.
Hercule Poirot: Still the constant traveler.

Bouc: Mm. Sadly, no. Uncle sacked me off the train once he found out that I did nothing. I tried jobs. An office. I could manage the work, I just couldn't fathom mornings.

Hercule Poirot: But who is Euphemia?
Bouc: Well, you'll find out.
Hercule Poirot: A new young lady in the life of Bouc? A new name to me.
Bouc: Well, behind every kite-flying man, there is a woman.

Hercule Poirot: Ah, love. It is not safe.

Jackie de Bellefort: Love that fierce doesn't vanish. I love him. I love him madly, badly, at every minute. It's not something I can switch off. There's a reason the heart is the organ given to love, you know. If it stops to rest, we die.

Linnet Ridgeway: I don't feel safe here. Not me, not Simon, even with Jackie gone.
Hercule Poirot: But you are among friends.
Linnet Ridgeway: When you have money, no one is ever really your friend.

Bouc: You've, uh, taken quite a keen interest in Salome Otterbourne. I thought Poirot was impervious to love's fever.
Hercule Poirot: I was sick with it once. It left me with enough regret for a lifetime.

Bouc: Fascinating story!
Euphemia Bouc: It's bad enough to be married for one lifetime. To be side by side for eternity is inhumane.
Bouc: Why must you be so cynical, Mother? People build towers to love in song and stone as if cooing over a pair of dark eyes will save them from pain.
Euphemia Bouc: If anything, it will double it.

Hercule Poirot: After Katherine, I became whatever it is I am now. I was going to be a farmer...

Andrew Katchadourian: Who told you?
Hercule Poirot: I am Hercule Poirot. I do not need to be told. I have eyes and they see. A brain and it thinks. It now thinks somewhat poorly of you.

Marie Van Schuyler: I don't approve of this interrogation. I mean, who are you to question us?
Hercule Poirot: I am the working man. The skilled laborer, the hero of your own economic fairy tales.

Marie Van Schuyler: You accuse me now of murder?
Bouc: Oh, no, he accuses everyone of murder.
Hercule Poirot: It is a problem, I admit.

Salome Otterbourne: Monsieur Poirot, if I put a bullet in everyone who took a potshot at me for not keeping to my place, the world would be littered with dead white ladies.

Rosalie Otterbourne: I've had a chance to observe you. Wanna know what I make of your character?... He is obsessive, is vain, is smug, is lonely for a reason. A detestable, tiresome, bombastic, egocentric little freak.

Hercule Poirot: I am sorry you have become so wealthy.
Marie Van Schuyler: Ah, nothing I can't fix.

Salome Otterbourne: I wish I'd never got to see you work...


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий