3 апр. 2022 г.

American History X (1998)

Murray: Bob, that goes too far. This racist propaganda, this Mein Kampf psychobabble?
Sweeney: He learned this nonsense, Murray, and he can unlearn it too. I will not give up on this child yet.

Sweeney: So here's the drill. I'm your history teacher from now on. We will discuss current events. We will call this class... American History X.

Derek: You know what? That's exactly what I hate. You're taking one thing and calling it something else... and alleviating the responsibility that these people have for their own actions. It's like saying: "It's not a riot, it's rage. It's not crime, it's poverty." It's just nonsense. It's bullshit. It's exactly what happened in this trial too. Because the media twisted things around so people focused on these cops... whether they'd get convicted... and whether Rodney King's civil rights had been violated. Everybody lost sight of Rodney King himself. The guy's a multiple felon by his own admission. He's high as a goddamn kite, driving 120 miles an hour down the highway. He gets pulled over by a bunch of cops, and he attacks them. He attacked police officers! Bottom line. And he walked. And there's some yahoo with a video camera who turned it on halfway through... so all we see is them hitting him.

Murray: He's gone.
Doris: He's just a boy... without a father.

Doris: You think you're the only one doing time, Derek? You think you're here all alone? You think I'm not in here with you?

Sweeney: I used to blame everybody. Blame white people. Blame society. Blame God. I didn't get no answers, because I was asking the wrong questions. You have to ask the right questions.
Derek: Like what?
Sweeney: Has anything you've done made your life better?

Danny: So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned. My conclusion, right? Well, my conclusion is... hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий