28 апр. 2022 г.

Billy Jones and the Orgy Lamps

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel 4×2


Midge: Who says it has to be arranged exactly the way Joel and I had it even though it made sense. Joel and I made sense, and we all know how that ended up.

Midge: I want to walk into this bedroom and feel like this is my bedroom. I don't want to feel like this is where Joel and I kind of often... you know.

Abe: You never should have bought this place back, Miriam. I mean, what man is going to want a woman who owns her own apartment?
Rose: He does have a point there. It does make you less feminine.

Midge: So I did all of this for you, and you want to tell the whole world that you did it for me? That's not right. Abe: I didn't realize this was a contest. Midge: It's not. Abe: I thought this was just an altruistic thing you were doing for us.
Rose: Then we're agreed.
Midge: It is. On what?
Rose: That you're moving in here with us. Right, Abe?.. It's done.

Susie: I got ten Broadway investors threatening to sue me.
Harry Drake: Oh, piss in a pot. What week am I not being sued? Look, this is the most goddamn litigious business in the most goddamn litigious city in the most goddamn litigious country in the world. It's America.

Susie: Where you going?
Midge: To grab a hat.
Susie: No, don't, 'cause it won't be just a hat.
Midge: Yes, it will.
Susie: Do not change your wardrobe. It's fine!
Midge: Just a hat!
Susie: It's never just a hat!

Joel: I am not gonna date a pregnant woman.
Shirley: Oh, God, no, there is no time to date.
Joel: I'll tell her I'm sick. And that you're nuts.
Shirley: Joel, you're a divorced man with two young children. You own a nightclub in Chinatown, which is impossible to explain. You can hardly afford to be choosy.

Abe: You know what the irony is about this whole thing?
Midge: Mm.
Abe: The job. It's great. I mean... it's really great. I like these people. They're different. Smart but... looser. And it's the funniest thing.
Midge: Yeah?
Abe: They seem to like me.

Midge: Okay, Papa, I know this is a shock, but look at it this way. You are doing something that you love... The both of us. Pursuing our art. Although one of us pursuing banking would've been smart.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий