14 февр. 2022 г.

The Holiday (2006)

Iris: I'm Iris, by the way. I'm very normal, neat-freak, healthy, non-smoker, single... Hate my horrible life!
Amanda: I'm Amanda. Loner, loser and complicated wreck!

Amanda: Okay. Now what?

Arthur Abbott: I counted. Nine movies opening today. I remember when nine movies used to open in a month. Now a picture has to make a killing the first weekend or it's dead. This is supposed to be conducive to great work?

Arthur Abbott: Busy? Honey, I haven't been busy since 1978.

Arthur Abbott: Iris, in the movies we have leading ladies... and we have the best friend. You, I can tell, are a leading lady. But for some reason, you're behaving like the best friend.

Miles: Why am I attracted to a person I know isn't good?
Iris: I happen to know the answer to this. You're hoping you're wrong. She does something that tells you she's no good, you ignore it. Every time she comes through and surprises you, she wins you over... and you lose that argument with yourself that she's not for you.
Miles: Exactly. And on top of that, there's the old standby: "I can't believe a girl like that would be with a guy like me."

Graham: I have a cow, and I sew. Now how's that for hard to relate to.

Arthur Abbott: Okay, let's do it. Let's get this embarassment over with.


+++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий