21 февр. 2022 г.

Brad's Status (2017)

Brad Sloan: I live in Sacramento, a secondary market surrounded by mediocrities and beta males. ... This is not where I thought I'd be. It's not the life I imagined.

Front Desk Clerk: Mm-hmm. Mr. Sloan, actually... unfortunately, we can't upgrade you. I'm sorry.
Brad Sloan: What? Why not?
Front Desk Clerk: Seems as though you bought those tickets on a discounted website, and with that type of ticket, we can't do the upgrade.
Brad Sloan: Okay. But... not even if I pay you $1,600?
Front Desk Clerk: There's actually no amount of money you can pay to get an upgrade. I'm so sorry. Anything else?

Brad Sloan: Oh, my God. You realize you're competing with kids from Hong Kong and everywhere, okay? You're a white kid from the suburbs without a sob story, and you're not even a legacy. We're the underdogs here. We need to do everything we can.

Brad Sloan: Whether I was forgotten or excluded... made no difference. I was off the list. A nobody. A nothing. The world hated me, and the feeling was mutual.

Brad Sloan: I suddenly felt a deep grief... for all the women I would never love... and all the lives I would never live.

Brad Sloan: My advice?
Ananya: Yeah. If you were to go back in time and give yourself advice, what would you say?
Brad Sloan: Oh. Seriously?
Ananya: Yeah. Honestly, I'd love to know.
Brad Sloan: Honestly, I would probably say, "Forget nonprofits, Brad. Just go make a lot of money."
Ananya: Shut up. You aren't serious.
Brad Sloan: No, I'm totally serious. If you want to make an impact in the world and have respect, go be Bill Gates. Go make a lot of money, and then you can do whatever you want with it.

Ananya: What am I thinking?
Brad Sloan: Yeah, please, tell me.
Ananya: Honestly... I'm thinking you're really lucky. You're 50 years old, and you still think that the world was made for you.
Brad Sloan: Uh, I'm 47.

Ananya: You compete with the people who are markers in your life. Why are you competing at all?
Brad Sloan: It's the way the world is. And...
Ananya: You competing with your friends from college, that competition is the history of colonialism, okay? And... and the oppression of women, and the fucking up of the environment.
Brad Sloan: Oh, come on, don't go there.
Ananya: And...
Brad Sloan: I'm not part of the problem, okay? I work for a... a nonprofit, for fuck's sake.
Ananya: It's just, from where I sit, it kind of seems like white privilege, male privilege, first-class problems.

Brad Sloan: I know I might seem like some cliché to you, but this is actually my life, okay?
Ananya: Just... don't ask me to feel bad for you. You're doing just fine. Trust me. I promise you; you have enough.

Troy Sloan: Hey, Dad, you having some kind of nervous breakdown or something?
Brad Sloan: No. No, it's just... sometimes I, uh... have doubts, you know? Just... worry that people look at me and, uh, think of me as... a failure. But, you know, the feeling passes.

Brad Sloan: I try to imagine the future. I kept saying, in my head... we 're still alive. I'm still alive.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий