14 февр. 2022 г.

The Big Fix

South Park 25×2


Cannabis Expo Speaker: ...we growers must face a harsh reality-- Since the legalization of marijuana, communities of color, black and brown Coloradans, those most affected by the racist war on drugs, have now been locked out of the wealth creation of the industry.

Cannabis Expo Speaker: Luckily, the public is starting to understand this unfairness-- and many people are now talking of boycotting cannabis growers who are only white owned.

Cannabis Expo Speaker: We are seeing a healthy and dramatic spike in consumers who demand that their marijuana be grown by those who understand the fight for social equity.

Cannabis Expo Speaker: The bottom line is this-- a completely white owned weed business these days... just isn't going to survive.

Sharon Marsh: Randy, stop, we're not racists.
Randy Marsh: We'd like to think that wouldn't we? But...actions speak louder than words, gang.

Stan Marsh: Look, Token, I think maybe you and I should hang out more.
Token Black: What are you talking about?
Stan Marsh: I mean we never just hang out, you and me.
Butters Stotch: Hey we never hang out just you and me either, Stan!
Stan Marsh: Shut up, Butters.

Steve Black: Randy...I hope you didn't invite us here because we're black.
Randy Marsh: W-What are you talking about?
Linda Black: It's just that the past year or so a lot of people have been inviting us over to dinner and then taking pictures of us to show everyone on Instagram.
Randy Marsh: Oh, that's so lame.

Steve Black: People have a problem with Token's name?
Randy Marsh: Well, I mean other people just think it's a little... I mean, come on, I mean, I'm-- I'm not calling you guys racist, but-- why did you name your son that?
Linda Black: My husband has always been a huge fan of "Lord of The Rings" and "The Hobbit."
Randy Marsh: ....
Steve Black: I wanted to name my son after my favorite author. But she didn't want to name our son J.R.R., so we just named him Tolkien.
Randy Marsh: His name is Tolkien?
Steve Black: Yes, you know his name is Tolkien.
Stan Marsh: I thought your name was Token.
Token Black: My name is Tolkien.
Steve Black: Sorry, I don't think it's that weird. J.R.R. Tolkien is one of the most prolific, influential writers of our time.
Randy Marsh: Holy shit, that's what his name means?
Steve Black: What did you think his name meant?!
Randy Marsh: Would you like to see how we grow and process our weed?

Stan Marsh: Dude... My head is reeling, you're not gonna believe this.
Kyle Broflovski: Not gonna believe what?
Stan Marsh: Token's name isn't Token. It's Tolkien.
Kyle Broflovski: Yeah, I know it's Token.
Stan Marsh: No, no, no, no. He's named after the guy who wrote "The Hobbit" and stuff!
Kyle Broflovski: Yeah, I know. J.R.R. Tolkien. What did you think it was?
Stan Marsh: You knew it was Tolkien like the writer?
Kyle Broflovski: Everyone knew it was Tolkien.
Stan Marsh: No, no, no! No, no, no, no! I distinctly remember Cartman wearing a shirt where he spelled it T-o-k-e-n.
Kyle Broflovski: Yeah, dude, cuz Cartman's a BLEEP moron.

Radio Host: This is your mornin' commute, South Park. Looks like we have a bit of slowing heading into town. There's like a truck and a couple cars... maybe take ya a couple minutes there.

Randy Marsh: Don't you see how lucrative this can be? I mean, we make a pretty damn good team in the weed business. I mean, we are Ben and Jerry -- We're Ben and Jerry. You're Jerry, and I'm Ben.
Towelie: I thought I was Jerry.
Randy Marsh: No, you're a towel.
Towelie: Oh, that's even better.

Towelie: You really think we could make a lot of money together?
Randy Marsh: Ben and Jerry, my man. Ben and Jerry.

Doctor: Okay, pal... What is it?
Stan Marsh: I think... I might be horribly racist.

Doctor: Wow... BLEEP you.
Stan Marsh: Huh?
Doctor: You really thought a couple of black people had a child and named him Token? Why would anyone name a black kid Token? You’re a piece of shit.
Stan Marsh: No, I was just try--
Doctor: You were just going along with the dominant culture of the white paradigm, that’s what you were just BLEEP BLEEP. Get out of my office, you make me sick!

Doctor: I don’t know what’s wrong with some people. I wonder if anyone else thought that this kid’s name was Token? Hmm? Anybody? Anyone else just assume his name was Token? Because that’s disgusting, and you are the problem.

Stan Marsh: Doctor, please, I don’t want to be like this! I’ll do anything, just tell me what to do.
Doctor: Oh, you wanna change? Then I suggest you start doing a lot of reading.
Stan Marsh: Okay. What should I read?
Doctor: And I suggest that when you’re reading-- you do it from the perspective of a black person!

Steve Black: Randy, you seem not to care very much about any of my ideas.
Randy Marsh: Well, you’re just-- You know, you’re just not the idea guy.
Steve Black: I don’t seem to be the anything guy. I thought we were Ben and Jerry.
Randy Marsh: Alright, look, I’m gonna tell you the truth about ice cream-- Jerry actually doesn’t do shit. Ben does it all, everyone knows that.

Randy Marsh: He doesn’t even really sound like a black guy, you know that?

Stan Marsh: Tolkien is... here? ... Hey, Tol-kien.

Steve Black: Hell, yeah, we got all kinds a shit-- Lemme give you a sample of my Rivendell Elvish Magic...

Doctor: The story of young Stan Marsh might seem incredible, but the fact is many people suffer from unconscious biases. If you or someone you know might have also thought the name Tolkien didn't come from J.R.R. Tolkien, then please call... 1-800-I AM A GIANT PIECE OF SHIT. Because you are the BLEEP problem.


On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий