24 февр. 2022 г.

Swallow

Boss 1×3


Mayor Tom Kane: Some things are not reversible.

Dilip: We've run the hypotheticals, and in every iteration, it is better for you to remain ambiguous about your sexual orientation than to admit to taking illegal amounts of out-of-state money.
Governor McCall Cullen: Are you telling me it's better if people think I suck cock? No offense.
Cullen's Male Aide: I'm not gay.

Mayor Tom Kane: Until it's something, it's nothing and we don't want to shine a light on nothing.

Cullen's Aide: We could try a Barton, sir.
Governor McCall Cullen: What?
Cullen's Aide: David Barton. He used Facebook and got 20,000 hits in one day. Fields, when he ran for Lieutenant Governor, won the primary by 5,000 votes, said it never would've happened without social media. What we do is we put your face to the right of your profile page...
Governor McCall Cullen: What is this, the fucking children's crusade? This is a primary. Primary. We're talking about political obsessives, medicaiders, nothing-to-doers, geriatrics. Who the fuck else cares about primaries? And you're showing me fucking Facebook? For them it's a photo album. Get that thing out of my face.

Mayor Tom Kane: Panem et circenses... Panem et circenses. We have neglected our duties. The people wait for only bread and circuses.

Mayor Tom Kane: Moral turpitude. That's what I want to talk about. You know why? Because, even though I am a bad man and have done some bad fucking things, I've always known why. And when I look into the face of another bad man, I see his deeds and I know his fucking soul. You know what I see when I look at you, Mac? A piece of shit, a stain, a man whose moral turpitude taints the office he has sworn to uphold, compromises the people he has sworn to serve and who doesn't even have the fucking competence to do bad things well.

Mayor Tom Kane: You don't deserve your position. You don't deserve your place and title. What you have, I gave you. You want to help me? You don't have the stuff it takes. So thank you for your offer to help, Governor, but I'm afraid I must decline. Get the fuck out of my office.

Jack Bentley: Corruption in Chicago? That's not news. That's a history lesson.
Sam Miller: That's because you don't know where I'm going with it.
Jack Bentley: Okay, where are you going with it?
Sam Miller: I am dropping one bread crumb at a time to heighten the suspense. You know, like Hitchcock. You know, the way he tells you only what he wants you to know when he wants you to know it, to keep you on the edge of your seat? Only more horrifying, with lots of plot twists.


+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий