25 февр. 2022 г.

Breathe (2017)

Katherine Robertson: What is it you actually do out here, Robin?
Robin Cavendish: Oh, um... Well, I'm a tea broker. Um, yes, I collect tea, and then I broke it, and... Well, it's very skilled work.
Katherine Robertson: And what does Diana do while you're off "broking"?
Robin Cavendish: Well, she comes along.

Diana Cavendish: Oh, I've got news.
Robin Cavendish: Oh, yeah?
Diana Cavendish: Yes, it's a bit of a bugger actually... I'm never going to be able to have fun again.
Robin Cavendish: Well, what is it?
Diana Cavendish: I'm going to have a baby.

Don: The air can't reach the larynx anymore. That's why he can't talk. He says, "Bit of a bugger."

Dr. Khan: Do you have any idea of the risks?
Robin Cavendish: Yes. Yes, I do. The risk is that he might die... I either go on living here, or leave here and possibly die.

Dr. Clement Aitken: Oh, dear, dear, dear. I have never, in all my career, seen anything like this. You just made this up?
Teddy Hall: Well, pretty much, yes. Only way to get anything done.

Mr Pickering: The Department has to take into consideration the question of cost-effectiveness. The life expectancy of polio patients is less than average, shall we say. I'm sorry. I can't see how I can, in all fairness, make a case for funding. I have to follow the rules.
Robin Cavendish: Rules are so paralyzing, aren't they?
Mr Pickering: Of course, I do sympathize with your condition.
Robin Cavendish: Oh, yes. Likewise.

Dr. Clement Aitken: Robin, you have a question to ask our hosts.
Robin Cavendish: Yes, I do. Why do you keep your disabled people in prisons?

Robin Cavendish: Let me ask you, when you look at me, what is it that you see? Do you see a creature that's barely alive? Or do you see a man that's escaped the confines of the hospital walls?... Now, I have a machine under this very seat that breathes for me. And at home, I have a ventilator right by my bed. I also have a remarkable group of friends. And, most vitally, I have my wife. But, as you see, I can do nothing for myself... And yet here I am.

Robin Cavendish: I've accepted the risk of dying because I don't want to just survive. I want to truly live.

Robin Cavendish: Now, when I first became paralyzed, I wanted to die. Yeah, I wanted to die. I did. But my wife wouldn't let me. She told me I had to live. To see our son grow up... So I went on living because she told me to. Because of her, really, and with her and for her. And every day since then, I've accepted the risk of dying because I don't want to just survive. I want to truly live.

Robin Cavendish: I'm going to let myself go.

Robin Cavendish: I expect you know this, but, just in case... No one could have loved you as much as I've loved you.
Diana Cavendish: I know.
Robin Cavendish: My love. And my life.
Diana Cavendish: Me, too, Robin. My love. My life.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий