23 февр. 2022 г.

STD

Billions 6×3


Mafee: No worries. It's an STD.
Ben Kim: Uh, what? Gross.
Mafee: A sure thing, dude.
Ben Kim: Oh.

Karl Allerd: Ah, family. Love to see it. Love to leave it behind.

Bonnie Barella: ... And once it IPOs, we can bend this thing over, no lube required, and... I mean, there are many things within SEC guidelines we can do to express our negative sentiment on it, and convince others to see it the same way, once it is trading publicly. There ya go.
Mike Prince: That's where I thought you were going.

Ben Kim: But this is Mafee and Dollar Bill's big investment. Don't we still love... I mean, have fond feelings for... well, most of us... some of us... I do...

Ben Kim: Mafee! I still care about Mafee.

Tuk Lal: How can you not even care? You were in an intimate relationship with Dollar...
Bonnie Barella: I am in a relationship with dollars, end sentence.

Bonnie Barella: Look, I love those guys. For real. We've plundered and partied with 'em back in the day. But if they fuck with our shit, they get fucked.
Mike Prince: Great to see the team spirit is intact.

Todd Krakow: It was an honor to serve, but, frankly, I rather enjoy being back in the private sector. I missed not having to report to anyone.
Mike Prince: We're all accountable to each other and tethered to this rock by gravity. If you take the time to be in the moment... right there, you can even feel the Earth move.

Todd Krakow: .... you may end up having to wait in line to get tickets like the Commoners. Can you imagine?... Usually this is the part where the guy on the other side of the desk flexes, huffs, puffs and makes vague but serious threats.
Mike Prince: I don't go to war that way... I just go to war.

Mike Wagner 'Wags': Dior Sauvage! So that was the stench hovering around him like Pig-Pen. We can't trust a man who wears cologne before 10 a.m.

Todd Krakow: May seem weird now, but Mitt Romney was a fucking god when he brought them to Salt Lake. I could use some of that social capital. Turn it into actual capital. Ka-chi--
Chuck Rhoades: Don't make the cash register sound.
Todd Krakow: I would never.

Todd Krakow: Being open and honest has never worked for me, but... I'll try anything.

Ben Kim: ... So then you have to agree we should save them.
Taylor Mason: If they are anti-fragile, they will survive and thrive no matter what Prince does. And if not, well, I have to take the long view.
Ben Kim: So harsh.
Taylor Mason: That's the way of the gun.
Ben Kim: And you're okay with it.
Taylor Mason: The gun doesn't care what I'm okay with.

Mayor Johnson: I'm not interested in what it looks like, and I'm not interested in making the same mistakes as the idiot I replaced.
Mike Prince: The mistake the idiot who came before you made was not caring what stuff looked like. Which is why he left office as a punchline.

Wendy Rhoades: You know who invented steam? John Fitch. Steam power, anyway. The state legislature gave him a 14-year monopoly to come up with a commercial use for it. But Fitch fucked it up, lost the monopoly because he couldn't do it. Steam power transformed the world, but the man who invented it died penniless. Killed himself.

Dollar Bill: How the fuck does Ben Kim know?
Mafee: I didn't tell him anything.
Dollar Bill: You know that this is the moment when the detective realizes you killed the guy, right? No one accused you of anything yet, Mafee, but you're proclaiming your innocence, which tells me you're guilty as fuck.

Scooter: You put this song on your playlist?
Mike Wagner 'Wags': Don't tell me you have a problem with Harry Chapin.
Scooter: No, I just didn't realize you had any taste.
Mike Wagner 'Wags': Oh... Thanks. I think.
     ♪ While I was away ♪
     ♪ And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew... ♪

Scooter: This song. It used to hit me as the son. Now it hits me as the father.
     ♪ And the cat's in the cradle... ♪
Scooter: You?
Mike Wagner 'Wags': Yeah. Both.
     ♪ But we'll get together then ♪
     ♪ You know we'll have a good time then ♪


Wendy Rhoades: We were never trained to be worried about unintended consequences. The win was all that mattered, and our success only reinforced that idea.

Taylor Mason: I keep getting sucked back into the short game, and I promised myself I wouldn't do that anymore.
Wendy Rhoades: To be fair, your short game is everyone else's long game.
Taylor Mason: That only makes it more disappointing.

Mayor Johnson: And how am I not gonna look like a flip-flopper?
Mike Prince: You're gonna look like a brilliant negotiator. You have leveraged the real estate community to band together to build low-income housing unlike the City has seen before.

Chuck Rhoades: What'd Bruce say? "Wherever there's a fight against the blood and hatred in the air, look for me, Mom, I'll be there."

Chuck Rhoades: What the hell do they know about the real New York? ... Have they at all considered what real New Yorkers want for our city? Maybe we should remind them who we are. Yeah? What do we do when the carpetbaggers and the land barons try to shove us out of the way? We shove back! Yeah! We shove back! And together, the people, and those who represent the people, we will take back our city! Take back our city! Take back our city!
— Take back our city! Take back our city! Take back our city! Take back our city! Take back our city! Take back our city! Take back our city! Take back our city! Take back our city!

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий