4 июл. 2019 г.

The End of the World

Big Little Lies 2×3


Eddie: My betrayal?
Dr. Amanda: Adultery is one form of infidelity. Indifference is another. You describe yourself as a go-along, get-along, don't-make-waves kinda guy. That makes you either wonderfully accommodating, or profoundly disengaged.

Renata: Yes, hello, Doctor, I would like my daughter transferred to Stanford, please.
Dr. Feldman: Because?
Renata: Because it's Stanford!

Corey: You have to be careful with some of the farm shit.
Jane: So you just eat wild?
Corey: Yeah. Yeah, mostly. But there's problems there, too. Some wild fish have tested positive for microplastics. Some wild salmon have tested positive for antidepressants. People have to ask where the fish come from, what they ate, how they lived, even how they died. If they're processed post-rigor, the bacteria can leech right into the flesh... Sorry... I used to work at Santa Monica Seafood, so I was really into all this shit.

Mary Louise: A mother nee... A mother needs to know.


Dr. Amanda: I work with and treat quite a few veterans. Many want to return to combat. They can't handle the mundane. Normal life is dull. You miss the war, Celeste.

Renata: What possesses two idiots like yourselves to teach eight-year-olds that the planet is doomed?

Principal Nippal: Okay, this is gonna come as a shock to you. This school is actually here to serve all the children, not just Amabella.
Renata: You think 'cause of this whole bankruptcy thing... that the school thinks I don't matter? Please. I will be rich again. I will rise up! I will buy a fucking polar bear for every kid in this school! And then, I will squish you like the bug that you are!

Principal Nippal: I told you, these second-grade mothers, they are Shakespearean. That woman, she's the fucking Medusa of Monterey.

Renata: I've gotta go back to the school. They wanna talk about climate change and the end of the world, which actually, if it comes, it might be a sweet relief.

Madeline: You know, I think part of the problem is... we lie to our kids. We fill their heads full of Santa Claus and stories with happy endings, when most of us know most endings to most stories fucking suck. Right? Let's just get real. There aren't a lot of happy endings for a lot of people, you know.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий