8 июл. 2019 г.

Graduation (2016)

Romeo Aldea: What are these for?
Chief Inspector: I had this breakdown... I panicked. I'd made a mess of my life... I'd wasted it... So I went to a doctor who told me to get these marbles. Here's one for each day I've lived and here, there's one for each day until I retire, at 65, unless they change the law again. So every evening I move one marble and think a bit.
Romeo Aldea: Was he a doctor or a priest?
Chief Inspector: A doctor but you know, that kind of doctor...

Romeo Aldea: This exam's just a formality. Everyone cheats in their final exam. ... Anyway, this exam makes no difference in the end. Even what they studied in school is useless. All that counts is getting to a normal world.

Romeo Aldea: Sometimes the result is all that matters.

Romeo Aldea: Eliza, you have to do your best. It would be a pity to miss this chance. Some important steps in life depend on small things. And some chances shouldn't be wasted.

Romeo Aldea: Sometimes, in life, it's the result that counts. Don't get me wrong. We raised you to always be honest. But this is the world we live in. And sometimes we need to fight using their weapons.

Bulai: Misfortunes occur. Unpredictably. It could have been worse.
Romeo Aldea: Still, it's hard.
Bulai: You don't know what's best. That's the hard part. But if you do something earnestly, with all your heart, you needn't doubt yourself.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий