12 июл. 2019 г.

Command: Delete

Elementary 7×6


Holmes: Your search engines, your e-mail servers, social media platforms, they all gather information from your users to sell to advertisers.
Odin Reichenbach: Tweaking our code to identify people planning a crime... wasn't hard at all. The next question became: what do you do with that information?

Odin Reichenbach: You two understand the criminal mind. I need you to help me refine my system. Together, we could avert so many tragedies. I don't expect an answer right now, but sleep on it. Maybe you'll wake up thinking, "Might be nice to help prevent some murders for a change..."

Marcus: Thing is, a sniper rifle isn't the kind of weapon you use to commit suicide. It's the kind of thing you use to kill someone else.

Holmes: If Odin Reichenbach's methods weren't so extreme, I wouldn't have had to destroy all of our electronics which run Odker software.

Holmes: In theory, it's ridiculous and in practice, I myself would be dead. I've seriously considered murder on at least two occasions. So, by Odin's standards, I should have been executed just in case.

Holmes: But how do you stop a man who has enmeshed himself in the World Wide Web like a funnel spider?

Watson: Changing passwords too often can actually compromise security. People can't remember them, so... they write them down.

Holmes: What's that buzzing?
Watson: Buzzing? I don't hear anything.
Holmes: Well, you're not pregnant. Your hearing is heightened when you're pregnant.
Watson: Are you pregnant?


Holmes: There's zero chance I'll be able to record our next meeting. He'll be on guard. They will check me for a wire, confiscate my phone.
Agent McNally: So? I mean, there's a reason you contacted the NSA. We'll take care of the recording.
Holmes: You want to tell me how the NSA's gonna do that?
Agent McNally: Well, a minute ago, you wouldn't even tell me if I was eating crickets, so, no. There are some things that need to remain secret, but, rest assured, we'll get him on tape if you can get him talking.

Watson: I don't know where you got this coffee from, but it is amazing. ...
Holmes: Watson, this is my friend Cassina. She brought us the coffee. ... Coffee is Cassina's business, you see. She travels the world, identifying, importing, and then reselling only the finest, most exotic beans. The ones that you're drinking are Vietnamese. The coffee berries are fed to weasels, who then regurgitate the beans, and the acid in their stomachs removes the bean's more bitter properties, allowing that unique, chocolaty flavor to emerge.
Watson: ... You know what? This stuff is so good, I don't care how much weasel puke is in it.

Holmes: Mr. Reichenbach. I trust your security detail told you I passed my colonoscopy...

Holmes: Her execution was disguised to look like a home invasion gone wrong.
Reichenbach: Rabid dogs aren't "executed," they're put down.

Reichenbach: All those children. Her life wasn't worth the risk.
Holmes: Risk implies odds. Odds imply a lack of certainty. You started as an engineer. So assign a number to your conviction that Ruthie would have killed. Give me a percentage.
Reichenbach: Call it 80%.
Holmes: Well, there's your bug. At those odds, a fifth of the people that you've had killed could have been innocent.

Reichenbach: How about this? Next time I get another 80/20 call, I'll send it your way. It'll be your decision. Call it a trust-building exercise.

Marcus: It's the 21st century. Pregnant women can do all sorts of things.

Holmes: Is the entire NSA in Odin's pocket, or is it just you?

Reichenbach: Right now I'm managing a lawsuit from five of my competitors over hardware patents, I'm battling the Chinese government's illegitimate restrictions on our Asian market search engines, and I'm fighting two branches of the U.S. military about jurisdiction over land on Mars. I can handle Sherlock Holmes.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий