24 февр. 2017 г.

Born to Be Blue

& Chet Baker: Who do you like better, me or Miles Davis?

& Miles Davis: Let me tell you something. I never trust a cat... let loot or love affect his art. You think them silly white girls out there understand a lick about jazz?

& Miles Davis: You want some advice, Baker? Go back home to the beach, man. This ain’t the place for you. Come back when you’ve lived a little.

& Jane: You said he’d never play again.
    Dick Bock: I don’t know what’s worse, Chet not playing or Chet playing mediocre.

& Officer Reid: Well, he’s stayed clean this long, right? Yeah, that’s a miracle.
    Dick Bock: Must be love.


& Dizzy Gillespie: You ain’t ready for Birdland, man.
    Chet Baker: I’m ready. Miles said come back once you’ve lived a little, you know.
    Dizzy Gillespie: Miles, yeah, that sounds like something he would have said back in the day.
    Chet Baker: I lived a little.

& Dizzy Gillespie: Look, you’ve done your time, Chettie. Makes for some ragged phrases, but your playing is...
    Chet Baker: Honest. It’s honest.
    Dizzy Gillespie: You got a sound that’s all your own. Ain’t no denying that.
    Chet Baker: And I’m ready to play Birdland.
    Dizzy Gillespie: It’s not your playing that I’m worried about. All things be ready if your mind be so.

& Chet Baker: It gives me confidence. It does. Time gets wider, you know. Not just longer. And... and I can just... oh, I can get inside every note. I can.

& Chet Baker: Hello, Dizzy. Hello, Miles. There’s a little white cat on the West Coast. It’s gonna eat you up.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий