6 февр. 2017 г.

Over a Barrel

Elementary 5×13


& Holmes: Doesn’t matter what I think. Armed standoffs have a habit of ending unpredictably.

& Holmes: There were no trials in New York on February 12.
    Det. Bell: Why is that?
    Holmes: Abraham Lincoln’s birthday. New York is one of seven states which observes it as a holiday, and all the courthouses are closed.

& Det. Bell: There a... reason you’ve got a totem pole in your bathroom?
    Holmes: It’s too big for the closet.
    Det. Bell: Hmm.

& Holmes: It’s New York from above. This is a small fragment of the thousands of hours of covert surveillance footage recorded by the FBI and their fleet of drones. They do so over many major U.S. cities. All in the name of homeland security. Hmm.

& Det. Bell: Can’t exactly go walking into gang territory with a sign that says, «Looking for bad guys.» .... This is a bad idea.
    Holmes: Don’t have time for good ideas.


& Jack Brunelle: Do you have any idea what it’s like to lose a child? If you ask any parent if they would die in place of a daughter or a son, I guarantee you the answer would be yes. And do you know why? It’s not because of honor, or duty, or parental responsibility. It’s because it’s easier. It’s easier to die than it is to be left behind.

& Holmes: Is it just me, Detective Bell, or do you hear that?
    Det. Bell: Hear... what?
    Holmes: The sound of evidence being destroyed? It’s coming from inside that building. Thank heavens the Supreme Court 2011 ruling in Kentucky v. King grants us probable cause to search the premises in precisely this situation.

& Det. Bell: The question is, what does that have to do with this?
    Holmes: Well, I tasted some of the Shoreline 99s’ maple syrup before I left their building. It has a woody, vanilla essence, with a hint of crushed leaves. If I can identify a batch of syrup from one of the... city’s many pancake dispensaries...

& Holmes: I began exploring the notion when I recalled the writings of 19th century Russian occultist Helena Blavatsky. To paraphrase: no myth is wholesale fable. Even the most fanciful legends begin as a small grain of truth.

& Watson: Here’s what I don’t get. I mean, you could shave your own head, so why do I have to do it?
    Holmes: Mm... partners in everything, I suppose, Watson.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий